1000.4 Signal Issues

Teehar

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2010
WNC
We have a 612 and a 622 connected to a 1000.4 dish.Everything was fine up until the day 77 went nuts.I know that could be coincidence but its odd timing.Anyway for the last few weeks both irds have been having issues with signal loss.What I have ruled out is the dish signals.The signals are high 50's to mid 60 ranges.I connected the 622 with 2 wires bypassing the separator and it seems to work fine that way.However when both the 622 and 612 are both hooked up with the separators they both start having problems.Tuner 1 will register very high and tuner 2 will either be low or have no signal.This is on both irds.Sometimes that can be the opposite tuner 2 will register high and tuner 1 will be low.The dish was just installed in NOV . by an installer and appeared to be new.I have checked all the cables connectors etc and they are fine.So kind of at a loss now.Just trying to get some input as to what the culprit may be.

Could it be the separators or one of them going bad?I assume that having 2 irds with 2 separators should work just fine with 1000.4 dish.Oh and I have done multiple resets pulled power check switch tests etc.The check switch tests always come back with good report but when I got to signal meter the problem still exists.

The details on switch test shows 61.5 72.7 and 77 w 1000.4 separator status good.

Dunno if this will help but IF you have an OTA antenna hooked up make sure the receivers are last tuned to the strongest, most reliable signal OTA. A flaky OTA signal can & will cause the problems you are having. It can even cause the receiver to lock up while viewing a recorded program believe it or not. I don't mean you have to have an OTA channel on when you shut off the receiver, just that the last OTA channel that it was on was a good reliable signal. If you do have OTA hooked up you might just temporarily leave it disconnected to see if that's causing the problem. Just thought this might be the culprit. Good luck!

Ed

Dunno if this will help but IF you have an OTA antenna hooked up make sure the receivers are last tuned to the strongest, most reliable signal OTA. A flaky OTA signal can & will cause the problems you are having. It can even cause the receiver to lock up while viewing a recorded program believe it or not. I don't mean you have to have an OTA channel on when you shut off the receiver, just that the last OTA channel that it was on was a good reliable signal. If you do have OTA hooked up you might just temporarily leave it disconnected to see if that's causing the problem. Just thought this might be the culprit. Good luck!

Ed

Thanks for the replies so far.

I don't have any ota hooked up.Right now I'm running the check switch on the 612 with no sat connection to try and clear the switch memory out.Just trying to troubleshoot all I can.

With DP Plus technology the "plus" aspect of the system all has to work right. What I mean is that if the DP Plus LNB isn't working quite right then that will affect how the seperator does its job...or vise-versa. A glitch in one spot can cause something glitchy elsewhere. I've had to replace the LNB, diplexers and seperators at a repair to get it all working right. However, even though I got it up and going, I still could not exactly pinpoint the problem. Start with the LNB. Sometimes fixing a system is a proccess of elimination.

Yea, like busdriver is saying it sounds like a problem differentiated between the high and low frequencies

Just to follow up.

I connected the 622 to 110/119 (legacy) only dish and just the 612 to the 1000.4.The 622 is working great now.Tried the 612 with two different separators and still get the dropouts.So convinced its the LNB causing the issues would be very unlikely that 2 separators were bad.For now have the 612 connected to 1000.4 with 2 lines bypassing the separator and its working great.

Waiting on a sw-21 switch so i can add 129 to the 622 to get all the hd channels back.

Kind of disappointed with the 1000.4 though almost new dish and already having problems. :( Have had legacy equipment for years and have had very few issues with it.

Just to follow up.

I connected the 622 to 110/119 (legacy) only dish and just the 612 to the 1000.4.The 622 is working great now.Tried the 612 with two different separators and still get the dropouts.So convinced its the LNB causing the issues would be very unlikely that 2 separators were bad.For now have the 612 connected to 1000.4 with 2 lines bypassing the separator and its working great.

Waiting on a sw-21 switch so i can add 129 to the 622 to get all the hd channels back.

Kind of disappointed with the 1000.4 though almost new dish and already having problems. :( Have had legacy equipment for years and have had very few issues with it.

Electronics are like that. If it is gonna go bad it is likely w/in 90 days if it goes past that it will work for a long time. Sounds like the built in switch on the LNBF setup is dodgy. Just get it replaced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts