1000.4 vs 1000.2

bth1957

Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Various
I'm buying a new satellite for the camper. Is there any difference to concern myself with between buying a 1000.4 western or a 1000.2 western? I have a vp211 receiver.

Last edited:
The 1000.4 is harder to aim but can get either EA or WA. The 1000.2 is easier to aim for WA and the EA assembly only picks up 61.5/72.7. Most people don't need 77 anyway.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

The 1000.4 is harder to aim but can get either EA or WA. The 1000.2 is easier to aim for WA and the EA assembly only picks up 61.5/72.7. Most people don't need 77 anyway.
This has not been my experience -- the 1000.4 has finer adjustments than the 1000.2 + the Eastern Arc & Western Arc LNBs attach with 2 bolts on the 1000.4 as opposed to 4 with the 1000.2 EA & WA options.

Plus, you get all 3 sats on both arcs w/1000.4.

Dead horse was beat in two different threads already about this opinionated matter. Some people agree with me while others disagree. My experience with both dishes lead me to a different conclusion but hell you know what, if we all shared the same opinions at all times we'd be pretty boring.

Dead horse was beat in two different threads already about this opinionated matter. Some people agree with me while others disagree. My experience with both dishes lead me to a different conclusion but hell you know what, if we all shared the same opinions at all times we'd be pretty boring.

Have you done a lot of installs with these dishes?

I am not an installer but I have both dishes and I have aligned both many, many times.

Anything else you would like to know?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts