1000.4 western arc dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

johnstanko

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
my friend has a dish 1000.4 western arc dish and vip 222k receiver covering 110,119 and 129 slots

works great. he wants to know if he can use the extra input feed on the 1000.4 to connect to

a smaller dish and install an lnb to receive maybe 61.5 or 118 slots.

can anyone give me the correct dish network dish and correct feed to use for this experiment?

appreciate any help.

yes you can add 118 but you'll need a low frequency lnb along with a 30"dish at least. 61.5 you can add just a dish 500 with a regular dishpro lnb.

so if you're interested in 118 it's probably better to use a 1000+

so if you're interested in 118 it's probably better to use a 1000+
Decisively better.

The real issue here is what having access to either of those slots will bring. If you don't subscribe to dedicated international programming, you're not buying much (other than some obscure PI channels) for the money and effort.

If your friend is absolutely certain that they want to go through with loading up the switchgear, I'd wait until after things get shuffled around on the EA before deciding.

The only benefit to adding the 61.5 would be if HD locals are there (and not on 129 as well.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)