1000+/500+ new install

danderson101

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 29, 2003
I'm in Raleigh, which has been uplinked for HD locals, but not turned on yet.
If I get a new install before they are turned on, will I have any problem getting a 1000+ or 500+? BTW, I do have a 500 from when I was with dish a couple of years ago. I've got good LOS to 61.5,110, and 119. I'm not so sure about 129. Would it be best to request a 2 dish install- they would both have to be on the roof.

IF you don't need the 129 sat for hd locals then the two sat dish -one for 110/119 and the dish 500 for 61.5 would be best. YOu will have less problems with your hd channels if you have a two dish installation.

But what about being able to get a 1000+ or 500+ (for Raleigh HD locals on 118.7)
if they have not turned on the Raleigh locals yet?

They probally won't give you the plus dish until they are actively turned on and officially available in their system. I would wait a week or two and hope the activate them before scheduling the install.

I still haven't seen anything that indicates if they are charging anything extra for the plus dishes either? I would assume for a new customer setup they would not charge extra though.

Same thing here

I'm in Indianapolis area, having dish installed next Tuesday.

Called Dish about the 1000+. She said even though our locals are not active yet (but uplinked), I would need the 1000+ for the MPEG4, and that's what the installer should (is going to??) install. Once the locals are activated, I would see them automatically.

But....... there's always two sides to each 45..... isn't there. Guess we'll see what happens next Tuesday.

Isn't a 1000+ or 500+ a larger dish- Does that extra size prevent a roof install?
Does anyone currently have a 1000+ or 500+ installed on a roof? Any problems if you do have it on your roof?

danderson101 said:
Isn't a 1000+ or 500+ a larger dish- Does that extra size prevent a roof install?
Does anyone currently have a 1000+ or 500+ installed on a roof? Any problems if you do have it on your roof?

On the 1000+/500+ spec sheet avail on this site it indicates roof mounts aren't appropriate due to the size; you can of course do what you want if you self-install, but I'm sure Dish won't do it.

The installers just left our house for my 622 updgrade from 942, but had to schedule another visit out for the 1000+ (to get all HD and Detroit HD locals) - they will be doing a new pole mount.

I think it can be roof installed - they used to do it with Superdishes, and the Plus dish is slightly smaller than the old superdish, not much smaller though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts