103W AMC-1 Ku 11760 activity - Can anyone confirm my reception?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

migold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
Pearisburg, Virginia
I notice that there is activity on 11760 with a Q of 67% with my LNBF set for NORMAL SKEW. I also noticed signal on 11880 with Q of 62%, but dropping to 0% periodically in what seems to be a regular pattern. I have never been able to get these signals previously with my skew setting. This is on my Geosatpro 90cm dish. Is anyone else seeing this?

A few weeks ago, I started getting excellent signal on the S2 transponders also. Without changing from the normal skew, I'll usually have at least one of them coming in reliably, and occasionally all four. (The last and worst one to come in is always, as before even with the skew modified, the one with Universal Sports -- 11840.)

They must have increased the power at the uplink. The new satellite is supposedly not in place yet and won't be til next year. Also, when I first started getting the higher signals, I was still getting some of the non-S2 transponders on both horizontal and vertical with the non-modified skew. Now, I don't, but I switched LNBs in the meantime, so I'm attributing it to that, since I've seen someone from SES confirm on another board that the satellite switch hasn't happened yet.

Thanks! I have not modified my Skew, since I use that LNBF across the arc. It is good to see your confirmation. I am eager to see the NBC feeds with a normal skew and hoping that it happens.
Thanks Again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.