Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
Dish pro.jpgDishpro2.jpg

I have a couple pics of this lnb I was talking about to couple people on here does anyone have info on them?

Dan Rose

DishNet Superdish for 121° (and 105°)

Yea, the one with the tall oval horn probably has "FSS" on its label.
That's a bandstacked Standard 10750 LO LNB. <--- which you might want to use
The other two , are DBS 11250 (?) LO and circular.

In a minute, I can figure out which dish those came from, but you probably already know. :)

edit:
Okay, you have the 121° type 2 dish 'n LNB assembly.
Below are pictures of the 121° type 1 (different manufacturer, different dish, different LNB configuration).
Also, the 105° type 1 and type 2.
(check file name for exact type)
Zoom in on the LNB assembly in these drawings to see how they differer
Couldn't find where these had been previously posted, but since I saved a set, here they are again.

Attachments

• 121 type 2.jpg
    121 type 2.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 283
  • 121 type 1.jpg
    121 type 1.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 167
  • 105 type 2.jpg
    105 type 2.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 105 type 1.jpg
    105 type 1.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
That is the LNB assembly from a 121 Superdish

From L to R the LNB's are
stacked KU Band (used for 121)
stacked DBS (used for 119...pencil one)
stacked DBS for 110

The KU one will work. If you took off the back of the Pencil LNB you could get another LNB on there for 2 sats 2 degrees apart. I know Eagle Aspen sells just the LNB (you supply the feedhorn...thats the eyeball part)

Thank you Ice and Anole I was just confused about it I also got the dish to go along with it. I have a lot of left over superdish lnbs. I thought the pencil shape would be to small to receive a linear signal?

Dan Rose

Sounds like you want to use the existing oval DN SuperDish itself.
That tall oval feed horn matches it as well as anything you can find.
However if you (or another reader of this thread) need more dish, and choose to put that LNB on a big round dish, then the following feed horn info will help you get a better signal.

Pendragon compares Ku feedhorns with Dish 105° horn:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...4-bandstacked-shootout-why-amps-good-bad.html

Tech#344 builds his own feedhorns for DishNet 105° LNBs:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/242947-question-about-multi-switches-2.html#post2461471

Magic Static makes feedhorns from old DirecTV Phase III LNBF:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/253299-dish-dtv-=-fta-dish-fss.html

As for using the little feed that's 2° away at 119°, there are too many other variables to discuss it seriously.
Yes, I know someone has posted pictures doing that.
Too small a dish, and too small a feedhorn, are not a good recipe for general linear FTA. :)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/261449-101-97-option-albeit-kinda-bad.html

70q, works fine on the primestar dish. pencil nose installed on fss lnb. Not going to work fine on a small dish.

Only thing i dont have yet is the dual settings needed for the lnb . right now i just use the settings that Ice posted cause my openbox has no ocs ku settings that i have found.
Sorry i am late seeing this post.
i dont know how i missed it.
I found it cause i was searching for the linear fss lnb dual lo settings (if they exist) i know the c-band ones and they work good on the openbox for the bandstacked c-band lnb.

Anole,
Please feel free to post anything i may have posted if it can help someone.
You sir - do a much better job of searching the forum than i seem to be able to do.
Kodaz

Settings for that FSS LNB would be LOF1 (Vert) 10750, LOF2 (Hori)13850. I don't know the OpenBox, or if it can run a Stacked LNB natively. The work around is to modify the Transponder frequencies list so it can use the single LOF.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts