105 and PanSat 2500a

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wennfred

Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Hello everyone, I have a new Superdish that Im trying out with my PanSat 2500a before I transfer it to my Dish 501 Receiver. Im locked on 110 and 119 but I can not find 105 FSS. Is the 2500A capable of receving a channel off the 105 bird?

I tried all the settings for my area and not even close.

Can someone give me a good known transponder Freq. to set up on the 105

I am getting high signal around the 145 degree mark but can not pull in the quality, hope this info helps.

Thanks

Fred

wennfred said:
Hello everyone, I have a new Superdish that Im trying out with my PanSat 2500a before I transfer it to my Dish 501 Receiver. Im locked on 110 and 119 but I can not find 105 FSS. Is the 2500A capable of receving a channel off the 105 bird?

Why would you want to look at 105? It is only encrypted local channels, which you should be getting with your Dishnet receiver.

As I understand it, the Pansat 2500a is capable of blind search so you don't need a specific transponder frequency. However, they are posted on www.lyngsat.com .

Since you are using a Superdish, are you also connected through a DP34 switch?

Chuck

No switches since Im just using the 2500A to look for the satellites before I make the transfer over to my Dish 501 receiver, I can do all the adjustments outside with my portable T.V. etc on the new Pole. I found the Freq. of 11720 for transponder 1, but I should still see Quality, thats what Im not getting. I guess the 2500A is not a FSS Type receiver or needs to be authorize to see any quality.

I guess I can connect my 501 now and set the Peak angle to 105 and make those adjustments to see if the 501 see the signal... what do you recommend?

Fred

Dish Network receivers have a built in alignment tool that you use to calibrate the dish. Superdish uses stacked LNBFs that make it necessary to use a Dish receiver for alignment, unless you are an advanced user.

I do not want to be accusatory but using a Pansat on a Dish sat when you already have a Dish receiver sounds like the beginnings of a hack, which is not allowed in this forum.

Chuck

No hacker here, this is a 2500A that I picked up on Ebay, I also have a PanSat 3500 on order and will arrive soon, I just use the Pansat to find the signal, nothing is coming on them as in video. I dont want to mess up my Dish 501 settings on the Dishpro 500 so thats why Im trying to work the 2500a and the Superdish, I guess it wont work and will have to Connect the Dish 501 receiver to search for the 105 bird.

Last question, I want to hook up my Pansat 3500 on a Dish Motor, what is a good one out there that also works with the 3500 receiver.

Thanks

Fred

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)