107west

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, the best I can claim, roughly, is a similar latitude. Plus a similar margin on the footprint, according to Lyngsat's maps. You should not be having any trouble. 11933 is there, as well as all the Shaw TP's (According to 12050, The 38th Parliament of British Columbia has been dissolved ;) ...). And all are pegging the signal meter.

Last time I tried here was on a 76cm dish in NY with a DSR410 receiver and it worked fine.

I use a BSC621 on the BUD and that particular DSR410 I was toying with at the time didn't have the selection for the 22khz switch that FTA boxes do. I thought it was easier to just point a dish to it on my test stand I use from time to time. We were trying to get some 410s to remap at the time.

I'm in Michigan, too, and the only thing I've ever found on it active was the 12050 V transponder ( which is decipher II, but the skywalker-1 decodes it just fine ) . I've never picked up any DVB stuff.
:)

are you looking for Starchoice subscription or the 2 or 3 feeds out there which is usually color bars

107 is strong and I have a 90cm dish in MN for my subscription

I was able to pick up three channels with the 76 cm dish on this satellite, but never could actually view them. They appeared with major horizontal zig zag retrace lines so I assumed that they were HD or encrypted or both.

Now that I am using this new 1.2 M dish, one of them is coming in and shows as a free channel. No encryption. Scanning the whole sat now.

Taking the long blind scan route so this will take a while.

I will report back when finished.

RADAR

Not much help here,

I pulled in one channel and it appears to be a feed channel. Color bars and test tone and SRC RDI CBC.

The other channels are high quality but must be HD as they are not displaying anything viewable.

RADAR

they're 4:2:2

There is only 3 or 4 DVB transponders on 107. ALl the rest is for Starchoice which is DCII

yes the CBC has all their news feeds on there 4:2:2

also they have only 11900-11950 H (TP23 & 24)...the rest are Shaw Direct (Starchoice)

AnikF1 is weird as TP's 1-16 are V and 17-32 are H

they're 4:2:2

There is only 3 or 4 DVB transponders on 107. ALl the rest is for Starchoice which is DCII

Besides being 4.2.2, are they also pay or subscription channels? (Not the Star Choice stuff - I now they are subscription channels) They are showing FREE on my Coolsat, so I assume they are not encrypted. With a receiver that can process the 4.2.2 format, a person should be able to view these channels (and legally do so)?

Thanks,

RADAR

Besides being 4.2.2, are they also pay or subscription channels? ... They are showing FREE on my Coolsat, so I assume they are not encrypted.

You assume correct. They are unencrypted. I am looking at two test patterns right now, and just about 20 minutes ago, a reporter sitting at a newsroom desk in typical news feed fashion.

Thanks guys, I had looked at Lyngsat and saw the Knowledge and Access channels were FTA which they are but not on a standard DVB receiver. The sat peaked fine on the spectrum and that should have given me the clue, next time I'll engage brain a bit more.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts