How to Capture NileSat from Yaounde Cameroon.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lovala

Original poster
May 26, 2009
Cameroon
Please,
Is there a possibilty of any one capturing Nilesate channels from Yaounde Cameroon, using a 90cm offset dish? I am a newbie and would love to get a hold of free to air channels in my region which are not public owned or religious related.

Thankx in advance for your help.

Lovala.

Lovala welcome to the satellite guys forum.

Time for me to learn some Geography , I'll take a quick look at Cameroon and compare the footprint size of Nilesat and see how I can help.

Give me a few minutes....

Please,
Is there a possibilty of any one capturing Nilesate channels from Yaounde Cameroon, using a 90cm offset dish? I am a newbie and would love to get a hold of free to air channels in my region which are not public owned or religious related.

Lovala.

It appears you are just south of the main beam for Nilesat, so it might be a stretch to get it with a 90cm. Personally I don't know how fast the signal drops off as one travels south of the beam but I would try to get something in the 1.2 meter range to seriously have a shot at good reception. If you have a 90cm then it would be worth a try but I would go bigger if possible.

Sorry Lovala Nilesat 101 and Nilesat 102 @ 7.0 west has footprint coverage in the Middle East and that includes Northern African Countries.

You are too far south to receive Nilesat with a 90cm dish.

That doesn't mean that you don't have other satellites which you can receive channels from.

ACRadio Yaounde is in southern Cameroon , I thought the same thing about the dropoff in signal and a bigger dish is needed .

The footprints don't always tell the whole story about signal strength outside of fringe areas , I'm thinking a 1.8 meter dish or bigger would be the best choice.

ACRadio Yaounde is in southern Cameroon , I thought the same thing about the dropoff in signal and a bigger dish is needed .

The footprints don't always tell the whole story about signal strength outside of fringe areas , I'm thinking a 1.8 meter dish or bigger would be the best choice.
I looked at the distance in dropoff between the 48.1dbw line and the 47.1dbw line, then took into consideration the distance of the city south of the Chad border. I also took into consideration that in a lot of cases the beam doesn't drop off quite as much as advertised. Not being familiar with the satellite is a hinderance, but sometimes it's a crap shoot, and I've been pleasantly surprised quite a few times. I remember the time that Echostar 3 at 61.5W was received with a 12 foot dish on the West coast of Scotland...

Please,

Lovala.
HI Lovala,
I also checked for you and you have a few things going for you even though you are out of the beams footprint. If you have access to a computer you can check these web sites

1. There are 3 satellites at 7 W. with 41 active transponders.

Nilesat 101/102 & Atlantic Bird 4A at 7.0°W - LyngSat

2. You are close to the equator, on dishpointer it looks like the satellite is beaming north and east over your general direction

Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com

3. the elevation of the satellite from your location is 67.5 degrees, you should be able to find a clear line of sight (LOS)

Try it when the sun would be in back of your dish. I DX satellites a litttle and you never know if you can get a signal unless you try.

Good luck,
Post back here again if you try and what the results.
mikelib

Please,

Lovala.
Welcome to Satelliteguys:D

..........and yes you can recieve Nilesat in Many parts of West Africa even though the Footprint map says otherwise. In Ghana, Benin and Particulary in Nigeria there are FTA Enthusiats who pick up Nilesat with Dishes ranging from 1.8m to 3m. But I'm afraid a 90CM wouldn't be able to pickup Nilesat Signal from Yaounde. Google Nilesat Installation in Nigeria, you will get some results. Goodluck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts