1080P Movie assistance

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Im trying to pull up the 1080p 10,000 BC movie. Issue im having is I cant get a
phone connection. For some reason the line that I use will not work with my 722.

Since I also have att uverse right next to dish unit, I tried hooking into the gateway via usb to 722. Still nothing.

Any suggestions??

Im stummped.

Why do you need a phone connection? I assume to pay, but that shouldn't have any impact on you actually renting the movie unless you have rented too many movies and not paid yet (I think the limit is 5). I buy PPV games at almost every tailgate that I have and obviously don't have the receiver hooked up at the tailgate. When I take it back home and hook it up to the ethernet connection it reports the charges and they show up on my bill.

You cannot hook the 722 up to an internet connection via usb, but if you hook it up via ethernet connection from a router or switch it should work just fine.

Why do you need a phone connection? I assume to pay, but that shouldn't have any impact on you actually renting the movie unless you have rented too many movies and not paid yet (I think the limit is 5). I buy PPV games at almost every tailgate that I have and obviously don't have the receiver hooked up at the tailgate. When I take it back home and hook it up to the ethernet connection it reports the charges and they show up on my bill.

You cannot hook the 722 up to an internet connection via usb, but if you hook it up via ethernet connection from a router or switch it should work just fine.

I actually have never rented before a movie from dish. The phone line nearest the 722 does not work.

I called dish they said for the VOD movies you must have a phone connection.
PPV is not an issue.

I stand corrected when I tried hooking the 722 via ethernet to my gateway it says on the 722 connection failure.

Im at a loss here.

That should be correct but it says my system not set up for 1080p. However it is?

Oh well...
You most likely have a HDTV that doesn't support 1080P-24FPS.

For instance, I have a 1080P sharp aquos that only supports 60 frames per second, so it won't accept the dish 24FPS signal. Oh well, just rent it in regular mode (1080i).

As far as the network connection, you can setup the receiver to assign an automatic network address and then re-test the connection. That did the trick for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts