1080P TEST AND FIRMWARE VERSION L613

ToUgHsPot

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
Has anyone whose TV didn't pass the 1080p test with firmware version L612 received the update to L613 and now it passed the 1080p test??

i finally got 613 and still don't have any hd pov's on 501 - 14 movies including IAL and none are in HD much less 1080P

Ditto that. How is it that some receivers download the content when others do not, even when the same firmware is installed? Makes no frackin sense, especially since they offer a promo on IAL and a good portion of folks do not get to even enjoy trying it out as they never get it, or get it the day before it expired. Dish has sure turned this into a cluster:(

When I got 612 a few days later I had IAL in 1080p, and my Mitsubishi failed the test. Now I have 613, only see 12 VOD movies, none listed as 1080p. So what happened to it, and how do I test for 1080p?

Strange indeed.

hdtv's manufactured before 12/07 more than likely will not pass the 1080p compatability test.. this is due to not being 24fps. prior to 12/07 there were manufactured at 30fps and 60fps and maybe a few others speeds, there was no industry standard..Almost all hdtv's now are 24fps, which I believe will remain the new standar for the industry...

hdtv's manufactured before 12/07 more than likely will not pass the 1080p compatability test.. this is due to not being 24fps. prior to 12/07 there were manufactured at 30fps and 60fps and maybe a few others speeds, there was no industry standard..Almost all hdtv's now are 24fps, which I believe will remain the new standar for the industry...

My set IS 1080p/24 and will not pass the test: Sony A3000. There are also many others who have 1080p/24 sets that will also NOT pass the test and I have L613.

Last edited:
Yeah, I finally got the 1080p on my 622s last night and my year old Samsung DLPs do pass the test. I doubt I'll ever pay the normal price for one as it's just too high. HDMI diagnostics still reports my TV's resolutions wrong so that's not a factor.

It didn't work for me with my L613 622 and Mits 57732. Right now I have a Harman Kardon receiver between them. I will try it again Monday w/o the AVR. (Yes, My DLP accepts 1080p24.)

Didn't work with my 622 and JVC HD61FH97. I had no issues with 1080p/24 on my HD DVD player............

HD VOD 1080p "I am Legend"

I had it, watched it in 1080p, on my year old Samsung 1080p and then Dish took it down and it no longer appears on my guide...I asked an TSR about that and after putting me on hold for a while came back on the line and said it was not available because they are rotating in new tittles...what a nutty deal. I said Dish is advertising 1080p in every ad, but it is not available. He had no comment. The movie looked great.

VOD is downloaded to your reciever when it is off, the longer the reciever is left off the more movies you will get, if you are missing VOD turn your reciever off , i cant say how you lost it, if you had it before the software download, but it will need to be downloadied again, as far as incompatibility issues, engineering will continue to work on it,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)