$1099 for a 942??????????!!!

klen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 13, 2004
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5773489508&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

This guy is selling a 942 on ebay. He states "There are only about 80 of these receivers currently in the entire DISH NETWORK inventory."

His original "buy it now" price was $1099. He just lowered it to $899, with an opening bid price of $799. No mention of the shipping cost, but I bet that is a bargain as well. In the meantime, some other ebay sellers are selling the 942 for $599 with free shipping.

I encourage everyone to let this guy know what you think of his auction........ :yikes

Strange... When you look at his feedback, you find that he has already sold two units for less than $500. He must have all 80 of them stashed away in his garage.

Scooters said:
Strange... When you look at his feedback, you find that he has already sold two units for less than $500. He must have all 80 of them stashed away in his garage.

The 2 units on his feedback are 921's, not 942's.....

more power to him if he gets twice the value of them.
there are a lot of people who do not know the real value of items sold on EBAY.

:eek: :eek:

Hoxxx said:
more power to him if he gets twice the value of them.

exactly, I sell alot on ebay and I am not dissapointed by any means when someone bids higher for something than I think it is worth.

He doesn't make people bid on his items.. if he can sell them for that much then good for him. If no one is willing to pay that amount, then he will have to lower is price or be stuck with them. (supply & demand.. economics 101). If someone is bidding that much for his items then they are happy with their deal too.

I think the idiots are the people on ebay that bid on items and don't read the auction before bidding, when it is clearly spelled out, then complain after the fact. I have 10-auctions on ebay now & it clearly says that I only ship to 48-united states (in bold) and I get email after email on how much is shipping to canada, or africa or god knows where else. If you don't like the auction, move on.. there will be another one.

klen said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5773489508&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

This guy is selling a 942 on ebay. He states "There are only about 80 of these receivers currently in the entire DISH NETWORK inventory."

His original "buy it now" price was $1099. He just lowered it to $899, with an opening bid price of $799. No mention of the shipping cost, but I bet that is a bargain as well. In the meantime, some other ebay sellers are selling the 942 for $599 with free shipping.

I encourage everyone to let this guy know what you think of his auction........ :yikes
As you already know it sells for $699 from Dishnetwork. Either this guy from e-bay is trying to make a profit or he got ripped off and is looking for someone else to pay for his mistake.
He also claims that these units are on backorder and that's why they're worth the extra cost. I have no idea if that's still the case or not.

I have noticed many people paying more on eBay for items that they could buy for less on AMAZON and get free shipping to boot!

This is the beauty of the free market. All VOLUNTARY exchanges --absent fraud -- benefit the buyer and the seller. There are people who, for whatever reason, want to buy the item for above what they could pay elsewhere. There is no moral or legal reason to question their decision. Some people may be too lazy to shop around and just pay list or twice list.

Just like going to the car dealer unprepared to bargin -- you end up paying a lot more that the guy who did his research and likes to haggle.

Bottom line -- no reason to complain to seller or accuse him of some evil deed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)