10ft mesh 4dtv receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chefwan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
South Carolina
i seen a sat in the paper this morning 10ft mesh 4dtv receiver i dont know if its a GI dsr-920 or dsr-922 i've heard alot of you guys on here talking about the 920 receiver goes dead after a bit or doesnt last long im still thinking on that one.... but the guy wants 150$ for it all. im thinking about buying it replacing my 7.5 mesh im thinking it's worth it? what do you guys think? :up

Last edited:
Bigger is better as long as the dish is not warped...

nah he said he just quit with it because cband cut the golf channel lol so he went to the pizza dish. he said it was installed in 1999 isnt that old haha im going out to look at it sometime this week to see if its worth it to me.

nah he said he just quit with it because cband cut the golf channel lol so he went to the pizza dish. he said it was installed in 1999 isnt that old haha im going out to look at it sometime this week to see if its worth it to me.

Grab it, he must not have ku since the golf channel is on ku.

All DCII receivers have a battery that lasts about 7-10 years if the battery is not changed and goes dead then the unit is dead.

?

Grab it, he must not have ku since the golf channel is on ku.

All DCII receivers have a battery that lasts about 7-10 years if the battery is not changed and goes dead then the unit is dead.

you keep them charged by keeping them pluged in right?

I am not sure how long they last (7 years seems short) but plugging them in will not keep them charged. At the end of their lifetime, the unit will lose its memory and unique ID when unplugged. I have seen threads on how to replace the battery (lithium type soldered onto the board) so it isn't real easy but is certainly do-able. I think ATS in NC also will replace batteries or at least motherboards when a battery dies for a fixed fee. Good luck!

i was reading in skyvision mag tonight. and it had a write up on the DSR-920 /922 and they said some sr's on the 920 arent as low as the 922 and some channels may not be able in the future for the 920 so i think im just going to be on the safe side to start off with and check it out if it isnt a DSR-922 i dont think im going to bother with it.

i was reading in skyvision mag tonight. and it had a write up on the DSR-920 /922 and they said some sr's on the 920 arent as low as the 922 and some channels may not be able in the future for the 920 so i think im just going to be on the safe side to start off with and check it out if it isnt a DSR-922 i dont think im going to bother with it.

May be worth it to grab even if it a 920, I'm sure you will be able to sell the 920 if it still works, for $50-$100 and then you will already have the dish and can put whatever you get from the 920 onto a new 922, just an idea, still a bit risky though with a 920, if you ship it the battery may die in shipping.

May be worth it to grab even if it a 920, I'm sure you will be able to sell the 920 if it still works, for $50-$100 and then you will already have the dish and can put whatever you get from the 920 onto a new 922, just an idea, still a bit risky though with a 920, if you ship it the battery may die in shipping.

yeah im hopeing it's a 922 . ill get up this week to take a look working alot anymore dont really have time to do anything anymore its to late when i get home. haha but ill get up there sometime this week like i said hopefully tomorrow and i really hope it is a 922 if it is. ill pay 150$ for it. cause its worth it

Make sure it's still working on digital before you buy it, 920 or 922 the battery may be dead and basically it will be a analog receiver only.

Be careful moving that dish. Tip: Do not use heavy machinery such as a bucket truck, backhoe or other machine that you think might make it easier. Use good only man power. When you loosen the bolts that secure the dish to the post, only loosen enough to slide the dish off. If you back them out too far, you may foul the threads.

You should remove the actuator before moving the dish. The actuator may strip gears or tube nut under stress of moving. It will also lighten the whole thing. If you can set the dish in the back of a PU pointing up, the dish will ride nicely. You will be wide load, so keep that in mind. Avoid setting the dish in its side. Lay pointing up, not down.

Make sure it's still working on digital before you buy it, 920 or 922 the battery may be dead and basically it will be a analog receiver only.
I believe he is selling the dish and the receiver for $150 if so Dead or Alive it is still worth it.

haha

I Went An Looked At The 10ft Mesh And A tree feel on it...he tried to tell me it was ok but it was warped big time. he tried to bend it back with a big wrench but its still all screwed up lol he was crazy told me it was a DSR-922 and it was only a dsr-920 i showed him and he said that was the old case it came out of his display was broke....so he put in his guts in that case? what a weirdo. worst liar i've ever seen ahhh...but i told him 20$ for all he said no no man its worth alot more. i said yeah if it wasnt bent and warped what a nut lol :cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)