10th Birthday Message from Scott Greczkowski

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Dear Friends,

Hard to believe it, but we are now 10 years old! It seems like only a few months ago John Corn talked me into opening SatelliteGuys.

Its been a wild ride, when we first started SatelliteGuys we were known as the rumor site, the satellite companies wanted nothing to do with us, but through a lot of hard work we have become not only the largest satellite forum but the most trusted.

If you look at where we are today and compared it to when we first started you will see it took a lot of work to get us here. It took me personally years to convince DISH to allow their reps to participate online, and I think that the creation of DIRT was one of my personal biggest accomplishments. Not only is DIRT helping here but they help at other sites around the world.

The main goal of SatelliteGuys since the beginning was for members to help members, and we have kept that that simple idea even as we have grown bigger.

There are a bunch of people I need to thank for our success, this site has never been a one man show.

First a big THANK YOU to my wife for allowing me the time and financial resources for making SatelliteGuys possible. The countless hours I have spent here would not be possible without her support. Behind the scenes she is the one who makes sure everything is taken care of, the bills are paid and is the one who helps me look good. Whenever we do an event what you are seeing is all her hard work.

Next up I need to thank our staff, these folks are the true backbone of the site, many of the staff you might not even know, or think they do nothing. Nothing could be further from the truth, these guys work hard to keep SatelliteGuys running 24 hours a day 7 days a week, and they work to keep the site a work place safe and family friendly environment. I will be the first to admit no one is perfect, but out of any online forum staff I think our staff is the most perfect. Not everyone understand the fact that the staff here is not paid, they help out because they want to help out and because they love the site and our members. So again I say thanks to the staff for a job well done!

A site like SatelliteGuys which serves over 30 million web pages a month costs a lot to run, and many of our members have helped us keep the lights on all these years! First a big THANK YOU to anyone who has a “Supporting Founder” next to their names; it is these folks who helped us survive and grow in the early days. These are folks who asked us if they could help with the sites costs without me ever asking for a cent. (Also big THANK YOU to Sam P. for helping pull us out of the hole a few times!)

And a thank you to all our Pub Members for their financial support over the years, even to this day we rely on this support to pay the bills. Yes we have a lot of ads but please understand the ad market is not like it use to be, the earnings from ads continues to slide as the site and the costs to operate the site continue to increase. Not to mention the increase of people using browsers with ad blockers. We have worked hard to make sure we keep the flow of information and more importantly the help to all guests and members.

Unlike other sites which are hosted by bigger companies, SatelliteGuys is all we do, our forum is not shoved on a server which has spare room, instead SatelliteGuys is hosted on 3 servers located in one of the best data centers in the United States, plus we have cloud servers located around the world so that we can make the SatelliteGuys experience the fastest possible no matter where you are! Again this could not be done with out the support of our Pub Members, and to this day we rely on the support of our members to make sure the bills are all paid.

Another thing I want to point out is over the year when times have been good we have given back to our membership by giving away tens of thousands of dollars of prizes. Most of these prizes came directly from us, and while we never had to do this we felt it was only best for us to say THANK YOU to everyone for their support by giving back. The Dream Cruise we are giving away today is another example of us saying thanks! (And we already started our shopping for our 2013 Holiday Party!) :)

I would like to thank our sponsors over the years for also getting us over the bumps in the road! It should be noted in 2014 we are discontinuing our Gold Sponsorship program so we thank all the sponsors for getting us here!

Finally I need to thank YOU… yes YOU! Each member here on SatelliteGuys is hear for a different reason and I am proud that you are here and keep coming back. It funny looking back many of us were “newbies” and now today many of these newbies are our experts. We have learned over the years there is no such thing as a dumb question. And we also learned that it’s better to help and welcome a newbie then tell them to use the search button. Todays Newbies are tomorrow’s experts!

So here is to 10 years, and hopefully we will be here for another 10! It’s been a great ride so far! Thank you for allowing us to serve you!

Scott Greczkowski
Founder
SatelliteGuys

(P.S. Our good friends at DISH are helping us celebrate our 10th Birthday with some great prizes! Tell us your best SatelliteGuys story and you could win too! Please CLICK HERE for more details and to share your story!)

I must say very well said Scott! Happy Birthday to SatelliteGuys, and thanks to all members for making us what we are!!

Thanks Scott for all that you do. I don't always agree with you (political stuff :p from years ago), but thanks for creating this site. This site also helped educate me on Dish/Hopper/Joey and I'm back as a Dish subscriber. Considering paid membership again for this excellent site.

And congrats goes out to Voyager6 who is the lucky Winner of the SatelliteGuys Dream Cruise from New York City!

It may be our birthday but we are giving the gifts! :D

Thanks again everyone, as YOU are the reason for our success!!

A few members have become pub members or renewed their pub memberships to say Happy Birthday!

To that I say a very heartfelt THANK YOU!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Happy 10th Birthday to satelliteguys and Thanks! to Scott and staff and anyone else that brings us this great medium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)