11/18/2009 3:51pm - Uplink Activity Report - 47 changes

While I am hoping for another uplink for today, I am also hoping there is not another uplink today.

My 6 year old son did something and now internet is not working at my house...

I will be leaving work for home in about 15 minutes. :)

Hope there is no uplink between now and then. :D

I personally thought when they got the new bird in the air there was going to be more additions, but they sure are taking there time. probley saving everything for febuary when they raise the rates.

Yes EPIX HD is uplinked, it is on TMP65 which is on channel 4835 which is coming off of both 129 and 61.5.

The reason its not listed in the uplink is because the channel was already uplinked with the TMP65 name. :)
what about the other TMP HD channels Scott, can you share with us what HD channels are uplinked on them?

EPIX page on Wikipedia lists EPIX on Dish Network channel 292
did someone who works at EPIX change the Wikipedia page?

EPIX page on Wikipedia lists EPIX on Dish Network channel 292
did someone who works at EPIX change the Wikipedia page?
Actually, I got a little excited about it being uplinked so I went ahead and edited that page since I have an account with wikipedia.

I felt since it's coming to DISH sooner or later, I might as well update it.

Last edited:
Wikipedia does say this...

"The single channel was available to Verizon FiOS subscribers for free for the channel's debut weekend with a monthly subscription to the channel costing $9.99 per month [11](in comparison, a subscription to multi-channel services such as HBO costs $14.99 a month, while Cinemax, Showtime and Starz each cost $12.99)."

While Dish does not have to offer it as a premium, it appears that Epix parents want to make more than $.25 per sub.

Then I found this in a USA Today article from March...

"Greenberg wants operators to include Epix in their packages of digital, movie or HD channels — it wouldn't appear as a separate charge on customers' bills the way premium services usually do. He'll sweeten the deal by making the channel's movies and shows available to their video-on-demand services.

He's asking companies to pay $1.50 a month for every subscriber who can see Epix. That's about 50 cents more than operators typically pay for ad-supported basic channels such as TNT, but far less than they provide to sports services such as ESPN, which costs about $3.65."

So we can all agree I have no idea what I am talking about.

It's just like channel 99 - just another interactive ad channel.

Channel 99 is showing PPV previews as well as an interactive icon that says "Press SELECT to order tickets".

It's pretty cool. Previews for the movie "2012" is showing.

Last edited:
Makes me long for the Voom days again. F channel, Peladia still nothing compared to Vooms. Now Epix and charging more for less? Hmmmm.. where's the excitement in this?