110/119/129 or EA?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lord_Vader

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Richmond, VA
Should I stay with 110/119/129 or go to EA?

I have the picture quality issues that I mentioned recently, but that could be something in my wiring / setup. The tech did mention that my system wasn't grounded and was generally substandard.

Dish responed to my email and is offering to send someone out. I think EA plus a good "once over" is what I need, but value your opinions / suggestions.

Thanks

looks like Richmond locals are on both 129 & 61.5

The gain on locals is the locals not in HD on dish (the big 4 are) are MPEG4 so you'll have some drive space if you record something

All depends on your LOS to each arc. I prefer the WA for signal strength... but on EA 72 is a new bird and the CONUS bird at 61 is being replaced soon. 77 is all locals now I believe which you really won't need but could in the future.

Some areas are dropping local channels on wa and moving them to strictly ea. If you call dish they will tell you. If you live in an area with locals on only wa ea won't even work in the billing system. Other than that it does not matter if you have ea or wa.

Some areas are dropping local channels on wa and moving them to strictly ea. If you call dish they will tell you. If you live in an area with locals on only wa ea won't even work in the billing system. Other than that it does not matter if you have ea or wa.

I've seen no documents indicating they are dropping locals that are on dual arcs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)