110, 119 & 61.5 satellite question

teb2500

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
US
i restarted my dish account and the i have two dishes set up - one with 110 and 119 and one with 61.5 (i think it was done that way for aiming reasons). i am having an issue with getting hd channels and wanted to see if the reason is due to having a 61.5 feed instead of 129. do i need to re-point that dish to 129? my locals come in with hd, but not the other channels (espn, tbs, etc.) i am supposed to have hd free for life. thanks for your help.

If his location is in Eastern Arc, he should have both 61.5 and 72.7 and maybe 77. The 110/119/61.5 was the old combination for SD and HD before Eastern Arc was established.

Most WA HD channels are on 129. I would repoint to that if you have LOS and your locals are on WA.

If your locals are EA I would get a 1000.2EA dish a d point to both 61.5 and 72.7. Pointing at one or the other will not get you all the HD channels as they are split between those two on EA.

i am in the nyc area and i thought my locals were on 110 or 119. not sure if the hd of those channels are on the same or are on the 61.5 dish. should i just move it to 129 to stay on the same arc?

Dish will not need to be informed but your receiver (s) do, so make sure you run a switch test after re-point.
That will also prompt a new guide update with your added channels.
If your interested, refer to "THE LIST" (top of page) to see what channels are on which satellites.

Eastern arc sats (61,72,77) will likely need hd (mp4) receivers for locals

Most WA HD channels are on 129. I would repoint to that if you have LOS and your locals are on WA.

If your locals are EA I would get a 1000.2EA dish a d point to both 61.5 and 72.7. Pointing at one or the other will not get you all the HD channels as they are split between those two on EA.

i am in the nyc area and thought those locals were on 110 and 119 - not sure if the hd of those channels were on 61.5. should i just point the other dish from 61.5 to 129 to say on the same arc?

If you have LOS, 129 would be your best repoint. If your locals are on eastern arc, and you don't want to acquire an EA dish, you can repoint your D500 to 61/72. It's not optimal, or protocol, but others have reported success in that setup.

You need to switch to an Eastern ARC dish. Contact DIRT about getting that done. You no longer need 2 dishes to get all your hd programing. In fact with the split dish, as you noticed you are not getting many of the hd feeds.

The NYC local HD channels are on a spotbeam on 61.5. As noted, you really should get an eastern arc dish and be done with it. You will then get all the HD channels that you are paying for....

Leave 61.5 alone that is your NYC locals. Move your 110/119 dish to catch 72.7 w/ one of the eyes of that dish. OR talk to DIRT here and find out about what it will take to have the dishes replace w/one that catches both EA sats that you need. The later is the easiest especially if it is free as a returning customer.

You'll get better signal levels using the 61.5 solo dish and pointing one side of the 110/119 lnb at 72.7 than going with the Dish 1000.2EA dish.

A quick ? on this matter. I bought a complete 1k.4 Earc sat pkg and a VIP211k rec...On the sat inst ins, it says " All DISH 1000.4 Earc equip is mked w/the circled A......and later-..........D network Vip-series receivers must have the circled A symbol on Contents and Features label to be used in an Earc D1k.4 installation". I see the circled A on the sat hdwre but nowhere on the receiver! Will it work w/ the sat? I had just thought a MPEG-4 cap rec was all I needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)