110 & 119 Locked How Do I Find 129?

Su Meri

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Took your advice and had an independent installer come and point my dish. He and I did not realize we also needed to lock the 129 satelite. I will call him back out, but I'm not sure he can get here today, so my question is can I find the 129 myself without losing the 110 and 119 by only adjusting the azimuth? Or will playing with the elevation be required?
Thanks for all your help

What dish and lnbs do you have?

I have a dish 1000,
Not quite sure how to find what by lnbs is, but under devices in the system info menu it says:
dpp twin, twin (1), twin (2), dual (3)
My 110 is at 87 signal strength while my 119 is at 67.
129 is at 0
Thanks again for the help

I have a dish 1000,
Not quite sure how to find what by lnbs is, but under devices in the system info menu it says:
dpp twin, twin (1), twin (2), dual (3)
My 110 is at 87 signal strength while my 119 is at 67.
129 is at 0
Thanks again for the help

Good, at least you have the right equipment. :)

You can go here to check for your settings:

http://rweb.echostar.com/department.../images/pdf/tech/DISH1000 Pointing Angles.pdf

or give us your zipcode so we can find your Azimuth, Elevation and Skew for your dish. Once you've checked that all of these are correct, you will need to adjust your azimuth (East to West) or (Left to Right).

Obviously your dish is not aligned properly so let's start with your zipcode.

My zip is 89052.
Could I have the wrong cable running to the wrong receiver? Or does it matter?
I mean do both outputs have all three satelites or just the one running to the 622?

For zipcode 89052

Azimuth: 172
Elevation: 46
Skew: 95

Make sure the elevation and skew angles are set correctly on your dish. If they are, proceed to adjust your azimuth. You should use the Dish Point screen on your receiver Menu, 6, 1, 1 and select satellite 119 and transponder 11 to aim. Someone can help you by watching the signal go up or down. Phone, baby monitors or even yelling help. :)

Both outputs will have the 3 satellite feeds.

By the way for an installer to have peaked at those levels is terrible. You should be getting much higher readings which is probably why you aren't getting 129.

Well that didn't go well.
Installer had the elevation set closer to 50 and the skew closer to 90. I adjusted both of them and spent over an hour moving the dish and now get 0 all the way around. I think I;ll have the installer come back out tomorrow. Looks like another night without TV

What kind of Dish installer doesn't know about 129? For that matter what kind of installer would leave you with a 67 on 119?

Had a different installer today. He got 110 and 119 to near 90 but 129 will still not lock. He phoned in and found out that several people have had problems locking on to the 129 here in Vegas and in California in the past few days.
Is this true or BS?
They are coming back tomorrow and trying a new LNBS.
I am giving up hope and figure I will have to give up my LA HD locals and actually call dish and do a dish mover and have an official installer come and take care of it.

I don't understand how all this works, but when I run the point dish for 129 it comes up in the high 80;s then says wrong sat Echostar 119 west????

Can you run check switch and let us know the results?

Menu, 6, 1, 1, Check Switch. Then go back to 129 and see if it's still showing wrong sat Echostar 119. If it is, then the eye for 129 is seeing 119 and the dish needs to realigned.

129 is out there, very low signals for California but it's there. Those installers need to get their act together.

If it's not to late, disconnect your cables for 110 and 119, the lock in only on 129. Once you have a good signal on 129 reconnect 110 and 119 and you should be good to go.

He phoned in and found out that several people have had problems locking on to the 129 here in Vegas and in California in the past few days.
Is this true or BS?

BS!!!!! The satellite is still up there floating around in the sky. It doesn't die just for your area unless its on a spotbeam, and if they had a spotbeam for that big of an area go down, you would hear about it on this site i'm sure.
That area may have a really low look angle, but any installer that is worth a damn should be able to line the thing up.
The problem isn't in the sky, it's with your dish, lnb's, installer, ect

BS!!!!! The satellite is still up there floating around in the sky. It doesn't die just for your area unless its on a spotbeam, and if they had a spotbeam for that big of an area go down, you would hear about it on this site i'm sure.
That area may have a really low look angle, but any installer that is worth a damn should be able to line the thing up.
The problem isn't in the sky, it's with your dish, lnb's, installer, ect

129 should be an easy hit from Vegas...

190 degrees on the compass and 45 degree angle in the sky.

129 should be an easy hit from Vegas...

190 degrees on the compass and 45 degree angle in the sky.

well there ya go, should be easy.... your installers thus far have just sucked at their job :)
hell, i'll give them benefit of the doubt, is this a new dish? or one you've had for a while? could it possibly be damaged? reflector bent a bit? that could cause problems

giving them the benifit of the doubt could also be bad lnb, but I don't think the installers are very up to par.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)