110 & 119 with SL3??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

steecoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
How would it be that the SL3 LNB would be giving me signal from the 110 & 119? I thought that they were only supposed to pick up the 99 101 & 103...

If pointed in the wrong direction, it could give you one of them, but not both. How do you know it is 110 and 119?
Well checking the signal strength in the setup menu was showing signal on all 5 sats & an SD local channel was playing, my locals are on the 119.:what:what

Well checking the signal strength in the setup menu was showing signal on all 5 sats & an SD local channel was playing, my locals are on the 119.:what:what

It sounds like you don't have an SL3, but a regular Slimline. Can you post a picture of it?

Its a WNC LNB model # SL3PIG..something. It's not the 5 LNB, I have one of those too;)

I had the receiver connected to the slimline 5 dish. I switched to a different dish with the SL3 LNB without changing any settings in the reciever, & to my surprise I had signals still on all 5 sats (thats the only thing that confused me:p) I thought maybe the signal readings were false so I tuned to one of my SD locals & bam there it was....hmmmmm

Attachments

• LNB.jpg
    LNB.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 167
Well checking the signal strength in the setup menu was showing signal on all 5 sats & an SD local channel was playing, my locals are on the 119.

Are SURE your SD locals are on 119 - what locals market ARE you in??? (sure would help US if you told us... ;) ;) )

Are SURE your SD locals are on 119 - what locals market ARE you in??? (sure would help US if you told us... ;) ;) )
Well, being that I had to upgrade to a Phase 3 dish way back when in order to pick up the 119 sat to get my locals, yes I am sure that the SD locals for GR, MI are on the 119.

if you did not change your reciever settings then yes you are going to see the 110 and 119. it happens... and more than likely your locals moved to the 103... they are moving everything to 99-101-103 except for international channels will be on 110 119

if you did not change your reciever settings then yes you are going to see the 110 and 119. it happens... and more than likely your locals moved to the 103... they are moving everything to 99-101-103 except for international channels will be on 110 119

They are putting hd locals on 99 and 103, but only a few sd locals are on those satellites.

Its a WNC LNB model # SL3PIG..something. It's not the 5 LNB, I have one of those too;)

I had the receiver connected to the slimline 5 dish. I switched to a different dish with the SL3 LNB without changing any settings in the reciever, & to my surprise I had signals still on all 5 sats (thats the only thing that confused me:p) I thought maybe the signal readings were false so I tuned to one of my SD locals & bam there it was....hmmmmm

Now that's weird! Your sd locals are on 119, but without an lnb to receive them, I don't know how you could be getting them. Any installers here have any ideas?

It will pick up 110/119 but as a false positive. Same as installing an 18" dual LNB and setting the STB to 3 LNB 18x20. In our area if you use the 18" Dual as a 3lnb locals get mixed with Chiller and some other channels. It is technically impossible for him to get 119 channels on their proper channel number with the wrong LNB, frequency modulation completely prevents that. Hence why you need not only 18v and 13v switching but now you need a tone to switch sats and transponders.

Theoretical Example.

101 Transponder 22 has Channels 362 284 261 5 11 17 50
119 Transponder 22 has Channels 7 8 13

What will happen is with teh Wrong LNB setup on the dish and STB.. Channel 7 will show 362, Channel 8 will show 284 and Channel 13 will show 261 so instead of locals for those stations you get Weather Channel, Science Channel and FitTV

Even the Birdog will show 119 signals on a non-119 LNB.. The locals you are getting are on 103 and are just not transmitting HD data yet.

Edit.. it is possible that his locals are on a transponder on 119 that is not currently being used on the 101.. like NFLST or PPV, which would allow that to happen

Normally the 22 kHz tone is used to select 110/119 in place of 101. However the SL3 LNB selects 101 whether or not the 22 kHz tone is there, so with a receiver set up for a 5 LNB system, selecting 119 will really select 101 (this is done so that there will always be guide information available). Redo the satellite setup for the correct dish/LNB and it will work correctly.

Except the OP claims that his local SD's are STILL coming in thru the SL3 when he tunes to one...
(IMHO, he's getting A channel, but it is NOT actually one of his SD locals, per your explanation above ;) )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)