110 Even Transponders?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fr8flyr

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 4, 2003
Providence Forge, VA
I hope someone can help me out, I have a problem that has me stumped. I have a superdish and a second dish for 61.5 with a DPP 44 switch. I have the following receivers, two 622’s, one 522 and one 721 all connected with separators. Both the 622’s and tuner #1 on the 522 can no longer get the even transponders from the 110 satellite, they receive the odd transplnders fine. Tuner #2 on the 522 and both tuners on the 721 receive it fine. All this just started happening yesterday and Dish tech doesn’t have a clue. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this?

Earl

fr8flyr said:
I hope someone can help me out, I have a problem that has me stumped. I have a superdish and a second dish for 61.5 with a DPP 44 switch. I have the following receivers, two 622’s, one 522 and one 721 all connected with separators. Both the 622’s and tuner #1 on the 522 can no longer get the even transponders from the 110 satellite, they receive the odd transplnders fine. Tuner #2 on the 522 and both tuners on the 721 receive it fine. All this just started happening yesterday and Dish tech doesn’t have a clue. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this?

Earl

Place the boxes that it's not happening to in the same spot as where it is happening, see if you exhibit the problem there.

Take a problem box and hook it up to where a known location works.

Go from there.

I suspect the DPP44 needs to be rebooted.

Remove power from ALL receivers, and of course from the inserter. Wait a minute, then start plugging stuff back in - power inserter first.

I was just thinking and trying to get as smart as everybody else (a mind is a terrible thing to waste - while retired).

I agree with Simple Simon - remove electrical power from the 4 receivers and the DPP44 power inserter. Wait a minute after all are unplugged and then plug back in.

If that doesn't work, then I think I would do what rcdallas said. But hopefully you can get to the DPP44 and swap the 4 output connections to the receivers around. Particularly if you can swap one 622 and the 721 around at the DPP44. Then if the 721 quits working and the 622 starts working, you know some of the ports on the DPP44 are bad.

Thanks guys,
I have done the reset with the switch and unplugged all receivers then started one receiver at a time but no go. What really throws me is the 522 is working from a separator and tuner #1 will not get the even transponders but #2 will not. I will try switching the 721 with the 622 that has the power inserter and see what happens.

Earl

RandallA said:
Bad separator? Try a different separator and see if it works.
Also a rg-6 rated to at lest 2150 HZ is required. Not all RG-6 has this rating.

Right from the Tech portal

"If properly installed RG-6 begins to fail, symptoms can include loss of all even transponders or loss of all transponders, from all satellite locations that cable is carrying. Please note that cable color does not correspond to cable type. Just because a cable is white, black, or gray does not mean it's RG-59 or RG-6. "

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)