110 Issues In Alaska

PolarChap

Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Being a relatively new Dish Network subscriber (less than a year), living in the middle of Alaska and not being a technophile, here’s the background and question. I have 2 dishes (one for local and one for “cable” stations both with a single LNB and 3 TVs all on 311 recievers). I’m unable to receive strong signals from the 110 Satellite (except for the the spotbeam local stations). Example - Station 154, Satellite 110, Transponder 21, Strength 0. Any help or suggestions? Thanks. . .

We need to know a fair amount more - like dish sizes and LNB types.

A big help is to compare your dishes with a neighbor that has good reception and go from there.

Here in Fairbanks, I get all of Sat 110's channels fine using a 1.2 meter (~48") dish. Most of the HD channels have a lower than optimal signal strength (60s) but I seldom lose them, even during rain. I have tried using 80cm and 1m dishes, but didn't get reliable results.

Thanks for the replies.

Here is some addition technical jargon to possibly help with a solution. . .

Dish #1 - "dish NETWORK" approx 32" dia. single DishPro LNBF
Dish #2 - "PrimeStar" approx 1 meter single (no company logo) LNBF

3 - DP 21 switches

3 - 311 JVC recievers

When I went thru a "Check Switch" test are are the results

Receiver #1
Polarity - ALL for both satellites
Device - Feed (110), Dual (119)
Alternate - Checked
SuperDish - empty

Polarity - Even (110), All (119)
Device - Feed (110, 119)
Alternate - empty
SuperDish - empty

Polarity - All (110, 119)
Device - Feed (110, 119)
Alternate - Checked
SuperDish - empty

Hope that information helps

Thanks (x2) . . .

Polarchap...

Did u read the response right above your new response?

You need 48" or better to get it reliably. You say you have a 32"

THAT is the problem.

single (no company logo) LNBF
THAT concerns me. Maybe the label fll off, but if it's NOT a DishPro LNBF, you're NOT gonna be happy.

Plus, to run 3 tuners, there MUST be more equipment than you're telling us about.

A "single" LNBF has ONE output port, and can run ONE tuner or an external switch.

If you're using 3 DP21s, you've got to have something else going on.

Finally, all those connections can be troublesome. DP34 switches are cheap enough, and only require one feed from each dish (up to 3) to feed 4 tuners.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts