Jan 22, 2009
Pennsylvania
My 110 satellite is not available, although 119 remains. When I attempt to
tune to a 110 channel (locals, etc.) I get the 015 screen "acquiring signal"
and after about two minutes the 02 screen "signal loss."

I have a pair of 301 receivers and have powered off and unplugged both, and
have run two check switches (both times said the number of satellites
received has changed). The dish itself seems sold, hasn't been wacked with
anything and all cables and connections are tight.

Was thinking about upgrading to HD anyway, so this might be a good time (or
maybe move to DirectTV, since there's a local dealer that's very
trustworthy). But is there anything I might check to get 110 back in the
meantime? My 119 signal is in the 50s (was way over 100 before the upgrade that changed the meter range). I have a spare dish 500 in the attic, so
some parts are available. Have not called tech support yet.

Many thanks.

Call DISH for an hd upgrade and they will come out and install a new dish; 1000.2 or 1000.4 sat dish . You will be committed for another 24 months though. DISH has more national hd channels and premium movie channels than DIRECTV. DIRECTV has more sports hd channels than DISH. Your choice .

I'm considering that, and also considering going with DirectTV. Spoke to a Dish CSR yesterday, and a tech is coming out Monday for free (I signed up for the "insurance"...cheaper than 50 or 100 dollars for a service call) because I'm really curious what the problem is. If it's a cheap and easy fix, I'll probably have the repair done and do an upgrade later in the year (other expenses to deal with right now).

If you signed up for DHPP the repair is free beyond the $29.99 service call. First guess is your 110 LNB has failed, replace it with the one in the attic?

I trimmed a few small branches away from a nearby tree, and 110 popped back on. The techie was out today (late, but he showed up) and he says it's an issue with that tree for 110 and my neighbor's tree for 119. He recommended moving the dish to the other side of the house. I mentioned I was considering an upgrade to HD and he recommended being sure to ask for the 1000 dish, since going to multiple dishes would result in the same problem I am how having if the old dish isn't moved.