110 or 119 aiming?

mjneppl

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
wisconsin
i live in wisconsin by green bay.

i put up a new dish 500-- should i be aiming at the 110 or 119?

also what does check switch do?

mike

You should be receiving both 110 and 119 from the dish 500. If you're using a twin lnb on the dish, set the receiver for dish 500 on the point dish screen, and it will give you the correct angles to set on the dish to get both satellites form your zip code. Check Switch sets the receiver for the type of lnb and switches you're using.

Once you have set the azimuth and elevation and skew according to the Dish Pointer screen for your zip code, cover the right lnb (looking from behind) with aluminium foil and loosen the azimuth bolts (on the pole) so you can very slowly rotate the dish left and right to find the signal from 119. Note if you find 110 you are about 11-12 degrees too far east and 2-4 degrees too high).

Once you find 119 peak it horizonally (find the highest signal) then tighten the azimuth bolts and loosen the elevation bolts on the bracket near the pole. Gingerly move the dish up and down to peak the elevation - tighten the elevation bolts.

Repeat the azimuth and elevation peaking above to get the highest possible signal.

Remove the foil from the 110 lnb and run check switch - you should have signal on 110 and 119. If you do not, there may be a problem with an lnb or the cable, or even the tuner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)