110 Spot Beams Down ?

Looking over at dbstalk...it appears that Echo 8 may have drifted out of orbit or out of alignment...thus the footprint is all out of whack. This would seem reasonable as people are reporting getting spotbeams that they never had before. Sounds like one of the orbital thrusters or gyros may have failed.

I just checked the space weather and solar activity is LOW. So that's not a cause of the trouble.

I tell you what.. just called all my techs about this.. we haven't heard anything from Dish about this yet. Had three techs scratching their heads troubleshooting it already.

Walla Walla, WA here, everything is working ok. But what's weird is that last night at about 10pm, two of my locals on the 119 transponder 3 or 6 I cant remember was'nt working, but they were up this morning when the 110 problems started.

Down in the Caribbean things are still not normal. transponders 12 through 19 are still not locking but the PR spotbeam on transponder 4 is now at 125. I think they are getting there but the satellite is not quite aligned yet because transponders that have reappeared are still coming in 10 to 15 points lower than normal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts