11720V dead on G10R, or did I break something?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Change

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 2, 2005
Yesterday I added a DMSI 4-way DiSEqC switch and an 18" dish to my setup (trying to get the music on 119W). I think I've got it all set up correctly, G10R still mostly works on my fixed dish with an Invacom universal LNB, but I'm getting no signal from 11720V (where I used to get around 60-65% quality). Did I screw something up somewhere?

(The 18" dish is only getting about 55% quality, not sure if that's related or not, could be that a nearby tree is too much in the way, or that the circular LNB is ancient and crusty)

(Some day I hope to have my system set up well enough that I can start giving others tips :) )

john green said:
Did you turn everything off while changing DiSEqC connections ? If not,very easy to ruin the switch.

Yep, cut the receiver's power while I was mucking about with the cables. I even waterproofed the connectors with self-sealing silicone tape and electrical tape.

Hello "Change,"
I am still receiving 11719 on g10r on one of my fixed dishes, but
I noticed a big (further) decrease in signal yesterday and today on my system.

low here too....cant even get a solid signal on the motorized...havent tried the 36" yet (have to retune it)

clear skies in Little Rock (where the uplink is)

Ice, I always wondered what affect the weather had on the uplink side.I guess if Little Rock and Atlanta both had cloudy skies,then it could be a double whammy on the reception ?

not really at the uplink...but when they have really bad storms we get no reception. I've seen that...LR gets major storms and its clear here in Minneapolis yet I have no signal

yep

2 of the 4 tranpsonders that Equity uses are really low quality right now

11799-main one is good. 75 quality on the Pansat
11719-one with Retro Jams. Kaput...15 quality max
12104-the one with KWTO ABC...KAPUT..15 quality
12114-the one with the UPN (and the Fox thats scrambled). 83 quality

other ones of note
Pentagon (12035)...60 qulaity
Research (11805)..99 quality

this is done with a 90cm dish about 20 minutes ago

Wow, you've got great quality on 11805. I'm in California, 76cm dish, I get about 75% quality max on the research channel with my Coolsat 5000.

Ok, so the short answer is I didn't screw something up with my setup...that makes me happy :) Now I just need to figure out what's keeping the quality on the 18" dish so low.

Thanks for checking, everyone!

change
The Coolsat maxes out at 82 for some odd reason...it will not go to 99

There is a church channel on AMC6 that just pegs the meter on my Pansat...Coolsat shows 82
Doc Scott fluxuates between 79-82 on Coolsat...90-99 on Pansat

Sadly the Coolsat's meter is pretty much from 63-82 for a picture, whereas my Pandsat is 30-99

Iceberg said:
change
The Coolsat maxes out at 82 for some odd reason...it will not go to 99

There is a church channel on AMC6 that just pegs the meter on my Pansat...Coolsat shows 82
Doc Scott fluxuates between 79-82 on Coolsat...90-99 on Pansat

Sadly the Coolsat's meter is pretty much from 63-82 for a picture, whereas my Pandsat is 30-99

Huh. How strange. Wonder if that'll change with any future software releases (as well as the scans-before-the-motor-has-finished-moving bug).

They havent changed that yet...that is the same as on the old 4000

I wish they would change the "scans before the motor finished moving" issue too :)

Just thought I would say that I was in Little Rock on Thur-Sun and Thur and Fri it was really socked under (very dense cloud cover). Not sure if that has much to do with anything but we were having trouble getting our Direcway 2 way satellite internet to work (it basically quit working for 3 days due to the cloud cover). I know there is a difference between uplink/downlink but that may be part of the problem.

c-ya
Chris

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts