118 Install questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ruif

Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
Ok so New guy but long time reader of the forums need some help doing a install.

Need it to see a single satellite 118 for foreign channels in the eastern united states.
What dish should I buy and any comments on actual installation are appreciated. I plan on installing at ground level or on a post.

actually a Dish 500+ would work fine but you do need to have 119 hooked up because 118.7 (the INt'l satellite) doesnt have the guide or software updates
119 does :)

After talking to my cousin (guy who house belongs to) it will actually be paired with a eastern arc 61.5/72/77 I have to keep the EA for the locals.
So I think I have to use the older style lnb that comes on the 1000+ since it actually feeds out a single signal for the 118 that I will be able to run to the input on the EA dish and avoid using any switches?
Or will the middle output on the newer style 500+ recognize the built in switch on the EA dish and also go into single mode for 118?

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the help guys.

No, I don't think you want the newer style 500+ since the DPP44 is about the only switch that knows how to turn off the internal switch in combo LNBs.

You need the old style 500+ LNB. You cant run a new dpp 500+ LNB into the 1000.4 input, it won't work.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Just wanted you guys to know I got it up and everything seems to be working fine, only getting about 38~43 on the 118 according to the meter on the 722 but so far no drop outs even with some rain so I hope it will be ok.

ruif, can you tell me what hardware you ended up usng to connect to the 4th LNB input on the 1000.4 EA? I'm hoping to do the same thing but don't know what dish and lNB will work. Thanks.

You need a DishPro 500/1000+. Looks like a big bug eye. And you need to use the port that says 1F. If you get a new dpp 500+ with two eyes it will not work

Thank you. Trying to figure out what I need to get, as I have some old hardware laying around. Will a regular Dish 500 dish work with it, if I just get an older DishPro 500/1000+ LNB. I'm only needing to pick up the 118.7 satellite, as evreything else I get on the 1000.4 EA setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)