Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am getting word that DISH will be moving some channels today to new channel locations...

The channels moving are...

TRU-TV which will be moving from 204 to 242
SpikeTV which will be moving from 168 to 241
NUVO which will be moving from 167 to 243

These moves are expected to happen sometime before 5PM ET.

Remember You heard it here first at SatelliteGuys. :)

My channel guide says "no info available" after 1:00 (eastern) on all channels? Did force it to download a new one, but nothing changed? Is this because of move or something else. Just asking.

That's odd that they're moving (cable) network channel(s) to that range. Isn't that where the superstations, religion, or shopping channels are ?

That's intresting, upper 200's area I usually don't go to. Guess I will now to check out some spike tv from time to time

Last edited:
Maybe 240-300 is going to become the low rated channel viewing area. Dish can then come back and say these channels are never watched, we want to get rid of them:rolleyes:

edit: oops flaw in my thought, some of those are religious channels that pay to be on Dish

Figures, I had just set up a timer for Forensic Files on 204 just yesterday. I'll have to redo it. One of the few times I didn't use a Dish Pass timer. Now I'm reminded again why I use Dish Pass.

So timers will now be affected if you tell it to record all new showings of the particular show I would assume. TruTV and History have some popular shows on.

Seriously, I wish Dish would stop doing this ... I got rid of cable because MediaOne* felt they needed to shuffle all the channels every three to six months. It got annoying after awhile.

*shows how long I've been with Dish.

it's ether gonna be a contract ending soon or a tempory location thing with Tru, Nuvo and Spike, Spike if in dispute in near future would be the lowest rated of all the Viacom owned channels so Dish maybe paying hardball, same with TruTV with a Time Warner's Turner Networks as TruTV would be the lowest rated channel of the Turner Networks. so maybe the contracts for the Time Warner and Viacom channels are expiring real soon and we just don't know about it yet, i'm sure the site will get the info once we find out about it.

if it's just a channel move, then it would be a temp move until the real permanent move is complete. Spike was at 168, the end of the music channel range and 169 is where the Kids/Family channels start. so i bet Spike moves closer to the non-music/kids channel part of the package, i see it taking channel 125. and i could see TruTV moving to 104 maybe (which is currently occupied by one of the infomercial channels, and 125 is currently occupied by ads for the Blockbuster movie mania thing.). and TruTV needed an new home for a while as it's no longer fits with the News category of channels from the 200-214 range. but Nuvo will end up in the Latino channels range since it is a bilingual network cater to the Latin audience.

and my theory of Spike, TruTV and Nuvo's move being due to contract expiring is due to the dirty tactics Dish did in the final days of the old contract for the AMC Networks channels which was as a result of the dispute with AMC in which was still a continuations of the issues at the time Dish had with AMC over the Voom lawsuit.

and Dish has done the move channels in a temporary locations thing in the past as they rearranged to make room for the channels in the new permanent locations on Dish.

let's hope the contract with Viacom or Turner Networks aren't expiring in the near future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)