118 sat on dishnetwork on turbo dish HD

uniqueone

Original poster
Oct 30, 2011
Boca Raton
I have a turbo dish HD. I wanted to receive sat 118 for international programming. I do not care to keep any other satellite. Just only I need the 118. I rented a house with that dish. I have cable through the home owner association. I receive all the channel I need. Can I use that turbo HD dish to receive the international programming?
Thanks

You do need to have another satellite along with 118.7 because 118.7 does not carry any receiver software spools. Also, 118.7 is a FSS satellite, and requires a special LNB to pick up signal from it (so the 1000.2 dish will not pick it up). A 500+ or 1000+ dish and LNB is what you'll need

You will need the larger reflector to receive a reliable signal for 118.7, as pointed out it is Ku FSS and operates at lower power than DBS.

Also, it would not hurt to receive the other sats for the constellation/arc along with 118.7 as Dish can AND DOES, on occasion offer International services on OTHER than 118.7 for special events or can move internationals to other sats on the arc should 118.7 encounter problems (perhaps loss of a transponder or more) either temporarily or permanently. Dish really wants all subs to have full arc installations to provide critical back-up if necessary so everyone can continue to receive all of their services in case channels have to be shuffled around (as what occurred on the EA not too long ago).

At minimum, you would need the dual band LNBF from Dish that looks at both 119 & 118.7 along with the larger reflector. That should provide you with the minimum set-up you SHOULD have for reliable operation. However, I don't know if 9 day program guide is still at 110 (on the WA) only, so that may affect your DVR.

It isn't that much more expensive to get the 2nd LNBF (the first one is a dual band-2-in-1 LNBF) and install it providing you with a full WA. It is a bit different for the Eastern Arc.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts