119, 110 but no 129 on dish 1000 ??

jawja

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
The installer is here, this is his first dish 1000 installl, 110 and 119 lock but can't get 129 to lock. Any ideas ??

why does dish keep adding "features" but doesn't inform installers the ins and outs?- or ship ird's with working configs?
if charlie owns it all - why not plug'n play........
oh right; pay your engineers top dollar to make low paid installer figure it out. :D

Yea, we ran the check switch, still nothing. Starting to think I've made a mistake going with dish, the save favorites doesn't work, the owners manual is very vague, not specific for the 811, doesn't even cover some of the items in the menu, audio trop outs in hi def, the audio is not in sinc with the video on some transponders, when you add off air channels you can't go into edit name, etc. etc.............

Take a good look at you dish. First make sure that the DPP Twin is in the correct slots(You'll see on the lnb bracket "129, 119, 110). Second the installer may have aimed your antenna with the wrong port on the lnb (Aim with far left on the lnb).

i Know it seems sad, but did the installer put the 110 into the wrong port of the DP+ TWIN? Had a friend of mine hooking up his own stuff and he put his 61.5 into the wrong one, and it would only read 2 birds. If this is so, this guy should not be installing

Is it possible to have signal strengths of 101 on 119 and 93 on 110 and still have a tree problem that will knock out 129 on the dish 1000?

Yes especially since 129 may have a low look angle on the east coast and some areas are on the fringe of the signal.

I looked at the LNB's and he has a coax from one port of the 129 to the 110, a coax from the other port just hanging out the mount arm, and the main line out comes from the 119. Is this correct ?? I didn't get the book for the dish so I'm flying blind.

The 129 lnb coax should be about 5 and 1/2 inches( I used a 6 inch pre cut Radio shack Rg6 cable ) and come out of the arm of the dish and wrap around the back of the dish and return up the arm and out of the 110 slot so it can connect to the single connection for the side sat dish on the dish pro plus twin. The manual says to wrap it around the back of the dish and not to kink it .

I have two coaxes running out of the 119w slot running into the house. I am using the 110 slot of the 3 arm assembly to feed the 129 coax back into the single coax connection for 129 slot on the dishpro plus twin. It sounds complicated but it worked. As long as you peak the dish 1000 for the 119 w satellite you should get all three satellites strong. Use the port 1 of the 119 side to peak the dish. I get 97 on 119, 85 on 110 , and 80s on the 129 sat.

It really helps to have the manual. It gave me for my zipcode , the elevation , azmiuths, and skew for my are. I followed it step by step and it worked the first time. OF course it really helped to have a satellite finder to peak the dish. I don't know how I got along without one so long.

jawja said:
I looked at the LNB's and he has a coax from one port of the 129 to the 110, a coax from the other port just hanging out the mount arm, and the main line out comes from the 119. Is this correct ?? I didn't get the book for the dish so I'm flying blind.
Yes, that's correct.

The two ports on the 119 side are for the receivers. He left the extra hanging for future use.

dish 1000

I installed mine today and I was getting 129 on the 119 lnb. 119 was coming in on the 110 lnb. But I could not get 110.

It turned out my elevation was 4 deg low. Raised the dish and 119 started coming in on the 119 lnb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts