119 missing from configuration

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Starski

Original poster
Nov 26, 2008
Last night my dish 625 was having problems and kept losing the signal. I called up the great Dish Network support and they walked through the usual useless steps.

However when we ran the switch check, an error displayed there was a problem with one of the satelittes, do you want to remove it from your configuration. The lady told me to select yes. I tried asking if she was sure and she said to do that.

Needless to say, the dish found the signal and the picture came on. But I am missing a lot of channels. It looks like 119 got removed from the configuration and doesn't even show up the check switch screen anymore. Of course she couldn't help me any further and it's going to be a week and a half before a technician can get here.

Anybody have any ideas how to get 119 to appear again ???

A week and a half? Where are you?

Try pulling the plug for about 30 seconds and running the check switch test.

Done That

I have unplugged it and everything else under the sun. Since the Customer Service lady had me select save on the screen it saved the configuration with 119 no there anymore.

Is there anyway to get the box to see 119 again ?

Remove the satellite input(s) and run a "Check Switch". It will take longer than usual with the cables pulled. Let it finish.... This will "clear" the check-switch matrix. Power off the receiver (pull the electric power from the wall outlet), connect the cables, and turn the receiver back on. If it doesn't automatically go to the "Point Dish" screen, go there manually and do a "Check Switch" again and see if it finds the satellites this time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts