RaySat units all failing? I don't think so...

Buji

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
I have not had a very good experience with my raysat unit, and I'm not getting very good support from the company.

Basically, I've lost the ability to tune 110, it goes back and forth over the satellite but never locks in. It's the same with any reciever or just by manipulating the IDU directly.

Raysat says that it's because of a change Dish made, and had me perform a firmware update. That didn't work, and no kidding their reply was "Well, I guess you can only get 119 now. it's out of our hands."

The unit is a year and one month old, but I've been having this problem for the past six months.

My point to them was if it was system-wide, they should be receiving all sorts of complaints. Instead, I was forwarded to another engineer's voice mail where I get no call back.

Anyone else have a Raysat unit? How's your 110?

I've got to say, I went with raysat because I wanted to extend my dish programming, but I have been less than impressed with the product and certainly their customer support. I seriously think they only have one employee working customer service, and if he decides he can't help you, you just stop getting your phone calls returned.

UPDATE: I see there's a similar problem with the KVH units, perhaps there is more to this than just one malfunctioning unit. Problem is, I've been having variations of this problem for 6 months...

Last edited:
Correct, I'm not stealing anything. My house account is legally extended to the expedition vehicle and Dish has an RV waiver on it as well as knowledge that it's the same account I have at home.

I have left additional voice mails for the RaySat folks and cannot get a call back at this time. Anyone else have any experience with the raysat units?

I thought the same thing, even reported him, then I looked it up and was embarrassed. :) So I retracted my reportage.

Maybe some of you more senior users can chime in here, is this post in the correct forum? Technically the raysat can be used for dish or directv sources, and I can't believe I'm the only person on this board who has one...

Called back in today and left a voice mail for the engineer. Followed up with a phone call to the admin again who was kind enough to walk over to the department and make sure someone called me back. Got a call back in about half an hour, and it turns out there's a bit missing from their steps to update the settings, and that's all it took.

I should be able to paste that information here without incurring any copyrght problems, yes?

What's so frustrating is that it took a week of calling and calling just to get someone to stop and think about it for 3 seconds and realize the documentation they provided is incorrect. sheesh.

Called back in today and left a voice mail for the engineer. Followed up with a phone call to the admin again who was kind enough to walk over to the department and make sure someone called me back. Got a call back in about half an hour, and it turns out there's a bit missing from their steps to update the settings, and that's all it took.

I should be able to paste that information here without incurring any copyrght problems, yes?

What's so frustrating is that it took a week of calling and calling just to get someone to stop and think about it for 3 seconds and realize the documentation they provided is incorrect. sheesh.
That documentation is important since the company can't seem to remember to be sure they are following their own procedures.

I'd paste it up here so there is a reference available for others.

Thanks for hanging in there and getting the proper answer.

Ok, cool. I've attached the two files they sent me, and modified the instructions to add the one step they missed.

Attachments

• recognition upgrade 9-8-08.doc
    2.9 MB · Views: 416
  • Satellite Setup ES_DTV_080905.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 330