Audio Drop out on Ugly Betty

jcvaughan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Pacifica CA
For the last three weeks. My wife has recorded ugly betty on ABC via Bay Area KGO. and every time the recording is filled with audio dropouts. I've read some other postings on ABC having this problem but we record other ABC shows throughout the week and those seem fine. It's truly isolated to this one show. Is it a Dish problem or a local affiliate one? Any suggestions on who to contact?

Add me to the list in south bend indiana. Was watching the baseball game last night on fox and it was bad. First time I have notice this problem. I'm on a 722

Well, we just happened to watch Ugly Betty live last thursday and the audio was fine. I then went to the recording and sure enough, audio drops galore. I hope they fix this soon.

It is a common and ongoing problem here with the Seattle locals. Due to my lousy hearing I've had occasion to turn on the closed caption (another 7 or 8 step kludgey process -- see recent threads). At first I thought the captioners could not spell, but I realized that what we hear as dropouts really trashes the captioning. I'm surprised more people who need the CC aren't complaining. Is ADA compliance optional?

Its a problem here in Raleigh...only on recorded or paused shows, never live...and only on ABC (at least for me). My new theory is that it is something that ABC (or local affiliate) is doing to force people to watch live programming. If DISH doesn't fix this problem, it may be the reason we move back to Directv or TWC, God-forbid!

A message from Dish in response to an e-mail on this subject (specifically for KCPQ - FOX HD local in Seattle):

Thank you for your information and patience! As you know from the forums we are aware of the issue. We are assuming you are watching this on a 622 or 722 receiver. Our Software Team for the 622/722 receivers is still looking into it. To investigate this issue, our Software Engineering team is currently dissecting some of the boxes that we have retrieved from customers. The fix will most likely come in the form of a software download. They have been looking into the issue diligently and trying to get it resolved. Progress is being made. We know they are still pursuing this problem actively. As with any receiver software upgrade this includes development and testing prior to any release to customers. We are confident that a fix is on the way but as yet have no definite date.

On a related note, since I have canceled Dish my 622 has supposedly been flagged to get sent over to the software engineers for "dissection."

A message from Dish in response to an e-mail on this subject (specifically for KCPQ - FOX HD local in Seattle):

Thank you for your information and patience! As you know from the forums we are aware of the issue. We are assuming you are watching this on a 622 or 722 receiver. Our Software Team for the 622/722 receivers is still looking into it. To investigate this issue, our Software Engineering team is currently dissecting some of the boxes that we have retrieved from customers. The fix will most likely come in the form of a software download. They have been looking into the issue diligently and trying to get it resolved. Progress is being made. We know they are still pursuing this problem actively. As with any receiver software upgrade this includes development and testing prior to any release to customers. We are confident that a fix is on the way but as yet have no definite date.

Sweet! Thanks for the update.

WAKE UP PEOPLE !!! stop being lemmings

It is (soon to be was) happening to me on more then just my local HD channels. A contract works both ways. If they can not hold up the contract terms it is null and void. I had a tech out to my house, which Dish charged me $29.00, and he had never heard of it and told me it was my non-dbs approved connectors? They sent out a new receiver (622) of course the same issue is happening. Every time I call the CSR has no idea what I am talking about, nor does the stupervisor. I told them to send me out two new 722's to replace my 622's to see if they will work or cancel the service. They asked where can they ship the return boxes to and when I would like the service disconnected? I am done, good bye, so long. Six months of not being able to use the DVR, unacceptable. At least acknowledge the problem! Real On Demand Here I come. I can not wait to get back to cable. At least I am trying to convince myself of that.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! JUMP UP AND DOWN ABOUT THIS PROBLEM!!!