119 signal drops (1-3 seconds at a time)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

splat10

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2003
Recently 119 has been dropping its signal then picking it back up constantly. It doesn't matter on the weather or time of day. i did a check switch with no problems. The signal seems to be bouncing a lot. It worked fine for 6 years. Could it be that the LBF is dying? I have a pretty old setup as it's been sitting there since 2000 and the reciever is equally old. I'm getting ready to move and may or may not be keeping the dish and don't want to spend a lot but does it sound like the LNB? I don't have any other switches.

Thanks

Check line from lnb

and if dish is moving around, "make sure"

check lnb signal on all tp and see if there is a big difference in the number, if there is then it is the lnb

It could be a lnb issue. I have had two dishpro plus twin lnbs on two different accounts go bad in the last month. I didn't know that these lnbs could be so heat sensitive.

Interesting as I have recently been having reception with tp 6,7,8,9. These four eiher don't lock at all or lock for a moment in the low 50s. The signal strength on all the others range from 75-125.

Ken

I'm inclined to agree that the LNB would be the primary culprit. As another poster stated, I really didn't expect the DPP Twins to be heat sensitive, but have had to replace 5 in the past 2 weeks due to heat failure.

papalittle said:
Definite tree or bushes in the way

i never even considered trees as the dish has been in that spot for 6 years without any problems but now that i think of it, it started about the beginning of june when the leaves came in fully, it's worse on windy days, and my line of ight is a "tunnel" betwen some trees. I guess they've just grown out. Too bad they are the neighbors trees. It may be the line of trees i'm going over is taller now and i definately can't fix that. Guess I'll be calling time warner

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts