12/16/2009 12:39pm - Uplink Activity Report - 81 changes

Also KEYED is probably the subchannel of KEYE of Austin, TX. According to wikipedia it's Telemundo. I thought Austin, TX was also an EA city, they need to add that channel on the 61.5 beam too.

It's SD, so 119 is prolly all we'll get. It is the 2ndary of 42.2.

Because im tired of the whiners polluting the uplink report about channels that may or maynot ever be uplinked and even if they are uplinked be made availble

oh so I guess people aren't allowed to post anymore? People are sick of people like you saying people are annoying you.

Meanwhile STFU.

oh so I guess people aren't allowed to post anymore? People are sick of people like you saying people are annoying you.

Meanwhile STFU.
Whining and crying about a channel on a message board is a waste of time LEAVE DISH NETWORK and they might get the message they are missing important channels ..$$$$$$ talks

WPGA is actually changing to RTV (retro TV Network) and dropping ABC

On January 1, 2010, WPGA-TV will discontinue its ABC affiliation and become an independent. Owner Lowell Register said that ABC's programming had become too racy for his liking, and was also upset that ABC wanted to be paid to air its programming. [1] Former ABC affiliate WGXA would take the affiliation on a digital subchannel, in addition to Fox.[

Mele Kalikimaka.

I wonder what the moves on the Hawaii spot beams from 129 to 110 are about?

Mele Kalikimaka to you as well!

My brain hurts when I try to figure out what's happening. On top of everything else, at 129 we used to get the channels in an even numbering sequence (5550, 5552, etc.) in Hawaii, while Alaska was assigned the odd numbers (5551, 5553, etc.) We in HI are now getting the odd numbers as well at the 129 spot and our even numbers are moving to 110 conus. Some of those at 110 are now being removed.

Are they just using the 110 conus transponders temporarily to do a channel numbering switcheroo in Hawaii, while setting us up with mapdowns to avoid the channel number switch headaches in the future?

I'm felling dizzy. The main point is that I better remember to redo all my timers for the new channel mapdowns.

BTW, Thank you Dish for MSNBC HD in Hawaii.

HGTV not in HD in Hawai'i following mapdown

Not that I care, but it looks like they forgot to turn HGTV on the new channel.

By "forgot to turn HGTV on", do you mean in HD? As of last night, now that HGTV is mapped down to 112 we (Hawai'i) seem to have lost it in HD like we had it when it was up in the 5xxx's. We watched it on 112 last night in SD.

I'm new to reading these reports, so perhaps I'm missing something; however, other channels that have been mapped down recently are available in HD.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

KCG

By "forgot to turn HGTV on", do you mean in HD? As of last night, now that HGTV is mapped down to 112 we (Hawai'i) seem to have lost it in HD like we had it when it was up in the 5xxx's. We watched it on 112 last night in SD.

I'm new to reading these reports, so perhaps I'm missing something; however, other channels that have been mapped down recently are available in HD.

KCG

Are you using a favorites list? 112HD might not be selected in your list setup, just a thought. i've hidden channels from myself on my system and just found some. hope it works out for you all who aren't on the mainland.

KCG

For some reason, they flagged it "Not Available", so we can't get it until they re-flag it "Available". :confused:

WPGA is actually changing to RTV (retro TV Network) and dropping ABC

On January 1, 2010, WPGA-TV will discontinue its ABC affiliation and become an independent. Owner Lowell Register said that ABC's programming had become too racy for his liking, and was also upset that ABC wanted to be paid to air its programming. [1] Former ABC affiliate WGXA would take the affiliation on a digital subchannel, in addition to Fox.[

That's Lowell's story, and he's sticking to it (but it may not necessarily be the truth)

WPGA-TV is already available via DISH in the Macon DMA, but is possibly under retrans consent... which opens the door to DISH dropping them come 1/1/10. That may be the reason for moving them to 110.

WGXA will take the ABC affiliation, claiming they'll provide it in 720p along with the Fox 720p. We shall see, OTA.

No word yet on whether DISH will carry the new "ABC 16" in the Macon DMA. The channel hasn't yet been lit up OTA, and since DISH uses a single OTA receive point in the market, it's not possible to uplink it.

WPGA won't make anybody happy come 2010. ABC and WPGA are going their separate ways, WPGA going indie and ABC going to WGXA-DT2. (When will THAT appear on Dish?)

Nobody'll care about WPGA, except a few die hards loving their Knight Rider reruns.

WGXA-DT2 isn't up yet, and WGXA-DT isn't viewable OTA here lately (both the TV tuner and 722k tuner have trouble with it... 722k didn't, but it does now).

It'll be interesting to see the result of 2 HD signals on a single 19 mb/sec stream. I hope the stat mux works out very well, so I don't have to do the antenna work to bring in out of market Fox and ABC.

Nobody'll care about WPGA, except a few die hards loving their Knight Rider reruns.

WGXA-DT2 isn't up yet, and WGXA-DT isn't viewable OTA here lately (both the TV tuner and 722k tuner have trouble with it... 722k didn't, but it does now).

It'll be interesting to see the result of 2 HD signals on a single 19 mb/sec stream. I hope the stat mux works out very well, so I don't have to do the antenna work to bring in out of market Fox and ABC.

19 meg a second, eh? You forgot to take out the audio streams, other tables, null packet padding, etc. I've seen two stations that do dual HD streams... I'm glad I do not live in those markets. Absolute garbage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)