12 Ft Aluminum Dish & 2 - C Band Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Talked to a guy today who said he had a complete Sat system set up at his house out in the country about 35 miles East of my location. He said he hadn't used it for years and it was still setup on a high pole at the back of his house. His Setup includes:
12 Foot Aluminum Dish - that he said comes apart in panels,
Actuator Dish Mover,
2 - C Band Receivers - A Uniden 9900 with outboard Power Supply and Cable, and a GI 2650 Receiver.

I told him I would be definately interested in the Uniden 9900 since my 9900 Receiver does NOT put out the 36 VDC for my Actuator Control. He said he would be coming into town one of these weekends and would sell me one of the Receivers. Since I already have a 12 Ft Mesh Dish I didn't ask him about selling me the 12 Foot Aluminum Dish, which would have to be taken down from a high Pole. The only thing I worry about is if I purchase his Uniden 9900 how do I know that it is working? Any comments would be appreciated.

ok and this is just my opinion!

the receivers are older, most are only worth what a person is willing to pay, usually these are expensive to ship and that around here is about $20-$30 per receiver. usually making them less desireable.

i have one of the units with a external power supply to move the dish. these units were usually the low end models ( bottom of the line) nothing wrong with thes units just usually didn't include the bells & whistles.

the GI 2650 is a top end unit from General Instruments there was only two more units produced ( 2750 and the 650i) before they started going to the 4DTV

good luck and good find ... maybe if you go back you can snap a picture of the 12 fter :)

ok and this is just my opinion!

the receivers are older, most are only worth what a person is willing to pay, usually these are expensive to ship and that around here is about $20-$30 per receiver. usually making them less desireable.

i have one of the units with a external power supply to move the dish. these units were usually the low end models ( bottom of the line) nothing wrong with thes units just usually didn't include the bells & whistles.

the GI 2650 is a top end unit from General Instruments there was only two more units produced ( 2750 and the 650i) before they started going to the 4DTV

good luck and good find ... maybe if you go back you can snap a picture of the 12 fter :)

Thanks George, hopefully I may be able to get the Uniden Receiver for less than $20.00, but at least now I know what to expect to pay for it. To get pictures of the 12 foot Aluminum Dish (if it is aluminum that the owner says it is), I would have to drive out there - about 35 miles from here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)