120 From SatelliteAV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DishDigger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
It's about 4 days or so from delivery time and I've been trying to find where to put the dish from SatelliteAV. Posted here is about the only place where I can get some coverage from different satellites. I've ordered a new motor from Sadoun (the dg380, I believe) and it should be here Thursday. I have a 15' heavy pipe that's 2 1/2" diameter I plan to brace the pipe about four feet to the left of the 31" dish located in the photo (the one in the single-dish photo). I plan to take the 31" down (maybe) and use the 120 for G18, 123W, where the 31" is aimed now.

The tower supports the 2-meter and HF antenna for ham use and will stay where it is. Also, the DN dish will stay where it is mounted now. I'll keep the SatGuys posted on the progress of the 120.

Bill

Attachments

• DSCN0431.JPG
    DSCN0431.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 177
  • DSCN0430.JPG
    DSCN0430.JPG
    228 KB · Views: 156
Great Pictures!!

Great pics DishDigger!

Gotta leave the 2-meter and HF antennas put! :)

Bet you can tell the weight on that dish! The glory of it all is all she can pull in better than the 80 & 90 CM dishes!

Hey man, enjoy it, let us know when you go Motorized and get us some more pictures when you do! We all like looking at them!

B~Man
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Thanks for the replies, folks. The HF and 2-meter gotta stay ;), I call the Mississippi State Net about twice a month on the HF, though not real active lately. However, since this is an FTA site, I'll stick with that. I plan to keep the group posted and appreciate the desires shown to see what all takes place.

I've got to trim the pecan tree that is next to the house. I'd like to remove the whole thing, but will settle for the western portion, since the neighbors oak trees will hinder most of the east-of-south reception anyway (besides, the Mahan pecans are pretty good - ha :hungry:).

Ice, you are correct on the tower stability. That old 4-inch face tower isn't stable at all (notice the slack in the guys -- gotta tighten that up too.) I made the brace for the 31" from a course 1X2 since the rafters are parallel to the side that the dish is mounted on, the facia is only a 1X6 and not much support. I'm most likely going to brace another position where the 2 1/2" pipe will go to aid with stability. I think it will work ok, not sure if the pipe I have will be tall enough for the 4-footer to clear the roof. One way or the other, it's gonna go there.:up......thanks.......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)