121 instead of 129 being reported by 811 and 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

munciefan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
East Central Indiana
I'm back....

after the installer came out today to realign my dish, he still couldn't get 129 to come in (it worked perfectly for about 1 month, before the a massive thunderstorm and leaves popped out on the trees).

well, let me rephrase that. he could get some kind of signal. the signal, according to the signal checker is 121 with my dish 1000 and 622/811 setup, but not 129???????

checkswitch reveals 119, 110, and nothing for the 3rd box (except a conn for satellite). and reports a dual for the device (119 and 110 are switches).

the install guy said he replaced the dp34, which was picking up a weak signal from the 129 before he realigned (actually moved) the dish. once he moved the dish, the dp34 picked up nothing but 119 or 110 (well, pretty much where I was before and now after).

any thoughts?

Cant be 121 unless you are working with a Superdish

121 (and 105) are a totally different LNB setup than 110, 119 & 129. They work on different frequencies

If you aimed a DBS LNB like the ones for 110, 119 & 129 and aimed it at 121 you won't get anything

i completely agree, but that is what i am seeing

121, transponder 11, signal strength = 90 (red not locked)
but underneath it says wrong satellite echostar 119 west

119 ss=89 (locked) tp 11
110 ss=88 (locked) tp 11
105 is coming in as 110 (84 ss)
61.5 is giving signal
148 is giving signal
hell, now 129 is giving signal (but is saying it is 110 west).....

If it says wrong satellite, then something isn't aimed right. As i noted above, 121 is FSS (KU band) and you wont get a signal with a D300, D500 or D1000 aimed at 121. You need a KU band LNB to pick that up.

Do this.....hook a line directly from the LNB's to the receiver (bypass switch) and see what happens. Tune to the right satellite as you check them and see what happens

i don't have a ladder to get up to the installation. the guy is supposed to come back on thursday with another dish to use for 129....

if i am getting 110 and 119 with plenty of signal, why would the rest of this be so screwy?

I dont know how the meters are on the 622 & 811, but 89 is a little low

On my Dish500, both TP 11 on 119 and 110 are over 100 for signal
(119 is at 120 and 110 is at 104)

It is very possible he may have aimed wrong so everything is down one LNB

129 may be aimed at 119 which makes the 119 LNB aimed at 110

on 110 i am getting 106 on 10 and 88 on 11
on 119 i am getting 90 on 10 and 80 on 11

he had them higher at one point, but 129 wouldn't pick up at all (and again, it was in the low 30's when he first started before he moved the satellite to the top of my chimney, from the roof).

thanks...hopefully....well, whatever a more hostile word is for hopefully (damned well better) he'll get it aimed right thursday.

i wonder if i should call dish again and complain, or wait til thursday?

I'd call them and speak to the technical department....maybe they can get someone out sooner.

You mean they !@#$%^&*() better get this aimed right :)

i called tech support. explained the situation. the very nice tech support lady was very distressed by what i told her

"what do you mean he left?"
"what do you mean he took the dp34?"
"what do you mean you have no 129?"
"what is the airspeed velocity of an unladened swallow?"

ok...she didn't really say the last one. thank buddha for the tech support, because cs sucks.

anyway, she took down everything, and told me to call back on thursday if it doesn't work out.....while i'd rather have someone back sooner.....i guess it's all good.....

but i am sick to frackin' death of the 129 right now. i wish i would have stayed with the dish 500 and the 822 only...but with two hd's in the house now, i wanted it all....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)