Status
Please reply by conversation.

oppxg0

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
South Carolina
Hi all! I have signal on this TP but only if my sat meter is connected between the lnb and the receiver. Any idea why?

Thanks!

I have had the same issue. Was told that it was due to an issue with the power supply in the receiver or the tuner card, can't remember which.

Problem is, this occurs on 2 different receivers. Can it be a distance thing and my meter is giving it just enough umph?

Tp 12224

I'm new to the forum but have a good bit of experience. However, I have one mystery question. Can anyone tell me why I can only pickup TP 12224 when I have my meter attached? When I remove, I can only get 12239.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

A little more info would be helpful. Like what kind of meter(brand/model) and what/how are you hooking it to? ie LNB/Dish/satellite ?

I'm using a First Strike meter. When looking for the TP in question, I place it between the receiver and the LNB.
Does that help?

Yes 12224 is Dishnet, but the question is why only when the meter is attached. I will throw a theory out there that I just whipped up.

That meter does have its own internal power supply for the LNBs. The power supply of the meter must be doing a better job (less cable resistance between it and the LNB) than the STB on its own. The LNB with full juice is performing better.

I get 12224 signal without the meter on the linear LNB. But it is scrambled and useless to me.

It makes me curious if I should apply separate power to my LNBs way in the back yard to see if they will do a bit better on the weaker signals.

If you replace your present RG6, that now has a copper clad steel #18 conductor, with a different RG6 that has a solid copper #18 conductor, you too can have the useless 12224 signal without the meter installed inline.

Last edited:
so, let me get this straight:
you are using linear polarized LNB to tune to circular polarized signal and asking why you don't get a lock?

Uhh, who said I didn't have a lock? I have a lock with meter attached and have a lock on a different TP with the same sat 119. I'm using a generic dish. Mostly for circular signals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts