123.0°W Galaxy 10R Ku Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kickboxer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 10, 2007
Hello Everyone.
I am new to this hobby so forgive me if i ask a dumb question.
I would like to test the 123.0°W Galaxy 10R Ku bird, at the moment i have a superdish which is aimed at 118.7/119/110. I have a spare universal lnb. My question is would the Universal Lnb work if i would like to get 123 and also is 30'' the minimum i need to reciever 123 Galaxy 10R or would a regular 18'' do it?
Thanks

18" will not do it. 30" will work but not well on weaker transponders. G-10 is just about out of fuel and drifting alot now. 11720 has been a pain for most of us with G10 dishes.

If you can mount the universal LNB on the super dish then you can try it, the 30" dish should be able to pickup a few channels, usually for FTA you want a 31" dish or larger.

EDIT - Tvropro beat me :)

well the tp i am interested in is 11966 V 5787 i don't know if its strong or not though. Whats your quality strength on it?

Thanks for the quick reply guys.
Yes i was able to mount a Linear Lnb on it before so the universal shouldn't be a problem i would like to know if i can get the 123 off same dish which gives 119/118.7 at the same time.
Once again
Thanks a lot :)

Don't the superdish 105 have a ku linear lnbf? I always thought you could just remove the DP-34 switch and use the lnbf straight to the receiver. I know the 110 and 119 lnbf's are circular polarity.

It looks strong to me (But I am using a 1.2 Meter dish :)), it's stronger than 11800 for me. The problem if you mount the universal LNB on the side (Try to get all three satellites on the same dish) is you will loose more signal and with a 30" dish you don't have much signal to give away. You can try it but I am not sure about your results.

EDIT - The 118.7 LNB is a lower frequency LNB (Same range as linear FTA) but it has a circular polarization.

Hi to everyone so what's going on with trasponder 11720??? I only receive 15-24 signal quality with no video/audio it's been that way for more than a month. the rest of the trasponders are working just fine. will it be working in the future???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)