123W and 129W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

diyguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Lexington KY
Would it be possible to get 123W and 129W with the same dish without using a HH motor or a Toroidal dish?

simple answer--yes

little more advanced...yes. Just put the 2 LNB's right next to each other. You may need a spacer (1/2" piece of wood works good) and a hoseclamp but yes it can be done. I did it for a while and I know others have too :)

edit: found a pic of that particular setup (courtesy of iafirebuff)
(the 129 LNB is on the right...when dealing with multiple LNB"s they go opposite of the clarke belt)

Attachments

• fortec3.jpg
    fortec3.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
little more advanced...yes. Just put the 2 LNB's right next to each other. You may need a spacer (1/2" piece of wood works good) and a hoseclamp but yes it can be done. I did it for a while and I know others have too :)

There are also at least two different style brackets with LNB holders that you can buy to have multiple LNBs on one dish. As well, if you have a spare LNB holder, you make your own bracket out of a piece of light-weight metal and use spacers to adjust the position of the LNB.

I have found it easy to attach additional LNBs with U-bolts. You can also adjust the spacing on the 2nd LNB with the spacing of holes on the metal strip holding the two LNBs together. (See atttached)

Attachments

• U-bolt1.jpg
    U-bolt1.jpg
    428.7 KB · Views: 182
  • U-bolt2.jpg
    U-bolt2.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 168
  • U-bolt3.jpg
    U-bolt3.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 159
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)