Mercury II - Duplicate channel numbers!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bill190

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
In the process of adding satellite listings to my receiver, saving/restoring the channels, and/or updating the software, I now have a bunch of channels with duplicate numbers.

Like I have 77 channels which are numbered Channel 1
44 channel 2's
24 channel 3's
etc...

I would prefer they were all numbered with a unique number like 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

Anyone know what to do about this?

are you taking the channel number or the description?

My CS8000 does that for channel number so unless its sorted it shows
001 KUWF
001 KLRA
001 (channel is blank...its CBS on G4 C-Band)
001 East (Pax East)
001 WHT-1

etc

really sucks

on the other hand, the channel description may say that if there is no ID tag. The PBS on AMC3 are labelled TV 11, TV 12, TV13 etc and Montana PBS is TV2.

The channel number.

Sometimes I want to go back to a specific channel, would be easier if I could remember the number, then enter it on the remote keypad, then go back to that channel.

But with many channels all having the same number, this does not work...

I asked the same question on another forum and someone said, after upgrading the software, do a factory reset then re-scan all the channels.

Only problem is that I've added a lot of satellites so I have a C and Ku listing for each C/Ku satellite. So I want to back-up/save this info.

It will be awhile before I have time, but I'll try backing up my channels to my pc, then I'll try deleting all channels, then also sending that list to my pc which would be just the sats and TP's.

Then do factory reset.

Then re-installs channel file with sats and TP's.

Then re-scan channels and see what happens...

I don't know if it's like my Coolsat, but if you select a specific satellite it numbers the channels on that satellite 1,2,3 etc. If you select all satellites each channel you've scanned in gets it's own unique channel number.

If you really do have dupes, maybe you can dump all the channels out into a channel editor and fix it.

Last edited:
I did a factory reset then scanned in channels for a sat and it worked OK. i.e. numbered channels 1, 2, 3, etc. OK. No duplicates.

I'll play around with it some more and see what happens...

Status
Please reply by conversation.