Transformer for MOTECK V-BOX II

MissouriXSeal

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 29, 2020
Doniphan Missouri
I have this positioner and have been using it for a couple of years. he primary side of the transformer has opened and I am looking for a replacement for it. There are no markings on the Xfmr (surprise) and I am having trouble locating a replacement. Can anyone point me in the correct direction to find a replacement? Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!!

I have this positioner and have been using it for a couple of years. he primary side of the transformer has opened and I am looking for a replacement for it. There are no markings on the Xfmr (surprise) and I am having trouble locating a replacement. Can anyone point me in the correct direction to find a replacement? Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!!
Can ya post a picture of what you have? There has been a bunch of different ones made over the years.

Good luck. I haven't be able to find one that would be an exact replacement.

Good luck. I haven't be able to find one that would be an exact replacement.
You're not going to find one by searching vbox xformer. You have to look on digi-key, mouser, etc. They have plenty. They are 120V--24V center tapped transformers. The cheap boxes comes with a 2 amp transformer. I would look for at least a 3 amp.

You're not going to find one by searching vbox xformer. You have to look on digi-key, mouser, etc. They have plenty. They are 120V--24V center tapped transformers. The cheap boxes comes with a 2 amp transformer. I would look for at least a 3 amp.
And one of a physical size of similar dimentions and that fits the mounting holes. Unless one wants to do some modifying. I had plans to put everything into a larger box so that I could use a larger transformer but it wouldn't be as clean looking. I never finished the project.

Reactions: KE4EST
All the ones I have seen have a 120V/24VCT transformer.
All the Moteck /Strong and other named V-boxes I have seen , were provided with 2 secundairy voltages , for 12 v and 36 v
Sometimes there is a temperature fuse under the isolation , maybe switched off .

Attachments

• transformer.jpg
    transformer.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 95
AH yes I forgot about the 12V line for the electronics. Good catch!!

Hey guys,
Thanks for all the reply's. I have been slow at getting back to this, Back trouble that has had me down hard! Now, back at it and am now pursuing 3 xfrmrs for my 3 units. Seems the transformer in these boxes is just not stout enough for my needs. LOL, seriously I have 3 down now and will be looking for replacements for them. If/When I find them I will post here the info about where I found them. Again, thanks for the replies and have a great weekend.

Reactions: bigg t