125 W and PBS East has one of the best video quality signals

All those PBS feeds on 125W look the same and they are pretty good quality. Not quite as good as the CBS or NBC fronthauls but better quality than ABC or Fox to be sure. They also look better than the cable networks. But of course backhaul feeds blow all the 24/7 feeds away in the picture quality department.

My favorite part about them is the lack of any channel logos. Apparently PBS affiliates each have their own custom logo to slap on the picture instead of using a national one, so we get the clean picture without that garbage.

I've done screenshot comparisons with PBS material recorded from 125W, as well as ripped from Amazon Prime Video and Netflix (which are widely considered to have the best HD picture quality of the various streaming apps/services) and the 125W feed usually wins. Normally I'd accept a little bit of quality loss at the gain of not having some ugly channel logo in the corner of the picture but because PBS has no channel logo I don't even mess with getting WEB-DLs for PBS shows as they have nothing to offer over the 125W feed. I just archive the 125W versions I record!

Reactions: N5XZS and spongella

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)