129 Again

Just to follow up on my previous posts -- I had my Dish 300 repointed yesterday to the 129 so I could get the local HD channels. The signal strength ranged from 68 to 86 on the various transponders (much the same as on the 61.5). I rechecked the signal a few times and it remained consistent. I have had no problems with lock ups, pixelation, etc.

Crossing my fingers, but so far, so good!

Follow up on my previous posts too. Grand Rapids, MI (SW MI) area with a Dish 1000 and two 211's.

Had Dish tech. out yesterday. Re-aimed the 1000, maxed out 119 at 106-107 on TP 11. 129 on TP 11 still was in the mid 60's. Tech wasn't happy- said I should be in the mid 70's on 129 TP 11.

Tech then had me read signal to him while he was outside tweaking the skew and angle adustments to try and improve 129. Spent a good 10 minutes messing with it and me yelling signal strength out the window. Wow is that thing touchy!! Loosening & tightening bolts even affected the signal on 129.

Finally got 129 TP 11 up to 78, which the tech said is as good as he's ever seen in this part of Michigan. Fluctuates between 74-78. Not bad.

Happy camper again for now....

74-78 should keep a consistent signal. That is a good reading for the Dish 1000. Did it affect the readings on 110 and 119?

I have installed my own Direct and Dish dishes in the past and I agree that 1/64 of an inch is important and you can lose a good reading just by tightening the bolts! And it takes a few seconds for the changes to register on the TV installation menu, so you have to move the dish slightly and then wait for the result.

This 2-person effort works best with blue tooth, which we didn't have with my earlier installations...

grb said:
74-78 should keep a consistent signal. That is a good reading for the Dish 1000. Did it affect the readings on 110 and 119?.......

119 still running at 105-106, 110 is running 87-88. Glad we could team up and tweak the signal......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts