129 And 211K Problem

boavista

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Hey guys, today i changed my wing dish from 61.5 to 129 because i get about 10% higher signal on 129 then i did for 61.5

Problem now is for some strange reason, the box keeps telling me its missing Even Transponders on 129 after doing a check switch. This is not the case because when i connect the LNB directly to the rec. and i check the signal it gives me signals on even and odd TPs.. but when i try and watch tv i get Error 004 ( channel up/down).

Anyone able to shed some light on this issue?

You didn't describe your setup: LNBFs, switch.
Sort of obvious - you eliminated something in a middle - between LNBF and same receiver. SO, LNBF is OK, the receivers is OK. Think what is different between those two configurations.

Thats whats confusing me. Im using all My Original Legacy Stuff.Besides Changing what Sat the dish was pointed to i didnt change anything. I have 119/110/118 going to an SW64, witch in turn connects to Port 1 on an SW21 witch, and then 129( Formerly 61.5) goes into Port 2 on the SW21 switch. That then goes to my 211K. When i do a check switch its telling me 129 Even Is missing witch it isn't because if i go to the signal menu i can check through all the TP's and see that im getting both Odd and Even with equal signal. Heck i even get about 6 Spot Beam TP's. ( and im sure its not "bleeding" signal as i connected the 129 directly to check this). So im puzzled as to what the problem is. Nothing changed except for me re pointing the dish to 129 and achieving a higher signal then i did for 61.5

Yep. Works perfectly. Actually its on of those FTA 119/118 LNB's designed for fta Box's. I got it for 10 bucks. Only problem with those is on Real Dish Equipment it only gets 118 forcing me to have it on a separate dish. But hey.. It works :)

It cost me $10 for that LNB for i would have had to get a new Dish, and new Switch if i wanted the 1000.2 or what ever its called and that would have cost me much more.

You got me on that one.... I'd swing back over to 61.5 then with that non-standard installation. 10% gain in strength isn't very much help unless you were like 10% signal to begin with.

Reason i wanted to change from 61.5 was because In winter due to the high elevation ( about 40) the snow would collect on the arm and block signal Periodically.. and after checking all the TPs some of the gains were pretty big difference. Like I went from about 50's and 60s, to 60s and Mid 70's on the 129 bird. I find that particularly high considering these newer dish box's read the signal much lower then an old dish box i have sitting in the closet. Who doesnt like a higher signal lol? Especially when it rains. But for the life of me i cant get it to work with 129 properly :mad: I gotta cook dinner in a bit so looks like ill wait till tomorrow or later tonight n swap it back to 61.5... O well :eek:

FYI: A little update..

Ok i bypassed switch n everything n connected directly with a barrel connector. I then ran a Check Switch. The Check switch said it was still missing Even TP.. However when i pressed ok and exited everything it was black screen for a few seconds then it was fine. All the HD channels were coming in fine on 129.. How weird is this?

Im gonna go plug the switch back in and see what happens.. Wish me luck!:hungry:

Well, So far no go. When ever i connect any kind of switch its a no go. It will show signal on 129 both even and odd, but the "Locked- Echostar 129"message will only appear on the Odd Transponders for 129. On Even it doesnt say anything except locked. This only happens when i have the switch connected though.

Im totally out of ideas as to why this isnt working... Anyone else have any ideas before i Give up n swing er back to 61.5?

Welcome to the ever-growing pissed off 129 Legacy VIP Club...it's not your setup; it is a problem brought on by Dish! Dish has outright disabled the ability of any VIP receiver from recognizing 129 even tp's after a check switch test on legacy equipment. It came through a software update sometime last February. I had talked to a Top Tier Engineering Tech at Dishnetwork about this issue and he basically stopped replying to me when he told me that everyone is now using DP or DPP equipment. I said that was an exaggeration of the reality. It is also a case of false advertising as the ViP receivers claim to be retro-compatible with legacy equipment.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...acy-problems-check-switch-started-lately.html

Well, So far no go. When ever i connect any kind of switch its a no go. It will show signal on 129 both even and odd, but the "Locked- Echostar 129"message will only appear on the Odd Transponders for 129. On Even it doesnt say anything except locked. This only happens when i have the switch connected though.

Im totally out of ideas as to why this isnt working... Anyone else have any ideas before i Give up n swing er back to 61.5?

Thanks for the Info john. Glad Someone was able to help. What a Rip.. So if i want 129 i gotta spend another 100-200 for the 1000.2 What a freaking joke!!
O well unless someones selling a Western ARC dish for cheap ( im guessing i need switch to even though im running 1 receiver only) Please feel free to PM Me.:up

What comands are sent to controll the sw64? Is it a tone or a voltage change? I havd been doing some experiminting with the carryout and trying to figure what makes mit tick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts