129 Great Signal Strength

Dune

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 2, 2004
Kailua Kona, HI
I was finally able to lock on to the 129 sat after borrowing an Acutrac 22 meter.

After all I have heard about low signal strength I wasn't looking forward to what I would find.

Boy was I happy. I didn't even fine tune the pointing and I was getting readings of about 66. This is using a 30" dish

On the 110 I only get readings of 52-55 so I am very happy. Looks like I will be ordering a third dish. I should be receiving my newly purchased 622 by Tuesday.

I'm one happy camper.

Dune

I don't know if those are good signals for Hawaii but for here in the West Coast those are really low signals for 110. For 129 that's about right but for 110 seems very low for me.

Over here just moving the dish the width of a pencil mark and you could lose the signal. It's amazing how touchy it is.

Don't forget we are over two thousand mile away from the west coast.

Dune

It's all relative.

I've been in areas where I was thrilled to get a one-bar signal from my cell phone.

When I was growing up, we had to put a large antenna up on a 30' pole to get three TV channels, and they were sorta fuzzy. We will absolutely thrilled! Our neighbors got only 1 channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts