129 Legacy Problems in Check Switch - Started Lately

This is still not fixed.

Even TPs on 129 won't work on legacy equipment. :mad:

Throw Me Onto the list. Great thanks for nothing dish. Tried To Dump 61.5 today for 129 ( Better signal, Stronger Local Spot Beam Signal, Less prone to snow build up in winter due to elevation, bla bla) However someone kindly directed me to this thread. So if i want 129 i have to Scrap all my Legacy LNB's And switch to spend another 100-200 on a DP or DPP Setup. Thanks for nothing!!!! :mad:

I'm sailing in the same boat. I have dvr 612. My legacy lnbs are working great with sw21 to get 110, 119 and 118 but 129 says NO NO. I well aimed at 129 on 20' dish here westcoast. But getting great signal from two tps only and they 21 and 32. I'm not sure if some one able to get signal from all the tps with legacy lnbs ? I'm 100% sure If I get the signal dvr 612 will accept it cuz it is working great on 110 and 119.
But one thing still wonders me how come legacy getting signal from tp 21 and # 32 only but not others tps. what wrong ??? This must be some thing isn't compatibe ??? I even tried to get the signal from it on the basic box 300. Signal behaving the same way.

Wrong boat. Legacy lnbs won't work on 118 - its FSS. And this has been fixed by DN. Its probably your cabling or connectors.

Wrong boat. Legacy lnbs won't work on 118 - its FSS. And this has been fixed by DN. Its probably your cabling or connectors.
What you mean by FSS ? and what you talking about ? what have been fixed by dn ? what you mean by ur cabling or connector ??? :confused:
110,118, 119 are working great with legacy lnbs.

It is impossible for a legacy LNB to receive 118. You need to better describe what you are using.

It is impossible for a legacy LNB to receive 118. You need to better describe what you are using.

I have used lnb cb2008a for 118 I hope you are familiar with this one and two legacy dual out puts to get 110 and 119 .They are all working great.
Hey peano, what is FSS. ? when you say or explain something, explain the way so every one understand. Not every one is smart like you.

Fixed Service Satellites (FSS) are satellites that have a relatively low power output meaning a large dish is required.

A DBS, or Direct Broadcasting Satellite, has much higher power and requires a smaller dish. Most Echostar satellites are DBS.

However, 118 is FSS which means it requires a large dish and a special LNB. Dish Network has never made a "Legacy" LNB for 118. What you have is an aftermarket LNB. I am not familiar with FTA setups.

The issue that this thread originally described has been fixed by Dish Network with the latest firmware. You have a different problem.

Fixed Service Satellites (FSS) are satellites that have a relatively low power output meaning a large dish is required.

A DBS, or Direct Broadcasting Satellite, has much higher power and requires a smaller dish. Most Echostar satellites are DBS.

However, 118 is FSS which means it requires a large dish and a special LNB. Dish Network has never made a "Legacy" LNB for 118. What you have is an aftermarket LNB. I am not familiar with FTA setups.

The issue that this thread originally described has been fixed by Dish Network with the latest firmware. You have a different problem.
peano, thanks for explaining all the details.

Yes you are right, I'm using big dish about 36" dish for 118. I assume that, THATS why my legacy lnb works great with my dvr as far as 118 concerned, But one thing still confuses me that 129 isn't FSS, Or is it FSS ??? If it is (129) infact not a FSS and it is like 110 and 119....why this sat (129) doesn' t work with legacy lnb:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: ???
When I pointed it at 129 it shows the signal from its two tps only 21 and 32. According to lyngsat 21 and 32 doesn't have any channels on it. I hope you or one of you guys have some answer or solution.Thank you

your setup is FTA
you may have better luck asking for help in an FTA forum. however, somebody here may know about it. i sure don't.

Some receivers don't like FTA (Free To Air) LNBs. I sold a 9242 (same as 622) to a guy and he said it didn't work. He was using an FTA LNB like you. Once he switched to a Dish Network LNB it worked fine.

?

Some receivers don't like FTA (Free To Air) LNBs. I sold a 9242 (same as 622) to a guy and he said it didn't work. He was using an FTA LNB like you. Once he switched to a Dish Network LNB it worked fine.
peano, I found one LNB lying in the garage. It came with dish 500 in 2000. It had dishnetwork logo on it. Just down to the logo it says digital LNBF. It has two outputs. On it .. one side with 110 and other side shows 119.
When I pointed it at 129 with it on dish rec300 (basic rec ) It is showing signal from tp 21 and tp 32
only . Switch says " SWAJ" switch found.
I 'm thinking to order one on ebay, what exactly I should look for ? I can't have dp lnb right ? cuz that won't work with SW21 switch right ? My 118 works great using sw21.
Please give me kind suggestion. Thanks

That LNB should work. The 301 can't see all the transponders on 129 because its not an HD receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)