129 on low power?

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Hey guys I just installed my D1000. I get 100's + on both 110 @ 119 but find my self getting High 80's on most tp's on 129 with a few low 90's. Is that common for those of you who have installed D 1000's or did i do something wrong with the point????

Sounds like it should be common to me. E5 at 129 is already one of there most beat up satellites barely hanging on. trying to tune that on a dish designed to get 3 orbitals is not gonna yield the best results as 3 seperate tuned dishes

goaliebob99 said:
Hey guys I just installed my D1000. I get 100's + on both 110 @ 119 but find my self getting High 80's on most tp's on 129 with a few low 90's. Is that common for those of you who have installed D 1000's or did i do something wrong with the point????

I only get high 80's / lower 90's on 129 also. I'm using a 20" D500 with an I bracket for 129. I also get much stronfer signal from 119/110.

Stargazer said:
105 got a new satellite earlier this year. The SuperDish focused in on the FSS satellite.

I think you mis understood me... Im was running 129 off of a 121 superdish (never had a 105 stuper dish) It was great, zip tied lnbf to the other side of the Lnbf Shroud

Remember - WHEN you checked signal is VERY important.

When I was testing my first D1000, I noticed lots of the transponders were changing strengths as I watched. I think E* was tuning the bird.

Anyway, we're now past the 27th, so it should be settled in now. How about going back to the [thread=86427]129 signal strength thread[/thread] and laying some updated numbers on it?

I can't help - my D1000's are all at customer sites now. I'll PM SpringsGuy, tho. ;)

speakin of springs... how's everything back home... my wife and I are thinking about moving back out there in a few years.. I think the biggest thing I will miss is the hdtv here in chicago... vs the springs Lousy hdtv unless things have gotten a bit better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts