129 only?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vectorfins

Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
Idaho/ Oregon
Hi
I have had Dish for a long time at 6 different homes. We will be moving to a new home with many tall trees and a few windows to the sky in Washington state.
I was wondering if I can aim a dish at the 129 Sat and receive the HD and local channels while the other sats. might be blocked.
I have available a dish that is about 10 years old and a dish 500 for use with the Hopper 1.
Or if nothing else, what are my options with slow Century internet?

Hi
I have had Dish for a long time at 6 different homes. We will be moving to a new home with many tall trees and a few windows to the sky in Washington state.
I was wondering if I can aim a dish at the 129 Sat and receive the HD and local channels while the other sats. might be blocked.
I have available a dish that is about 10 years old and a dish 500 for use with the Hopper 1.
Or if nothing else, what are my options with slow Century internet?
I don't think you would get guide data with just 129 since it is sent via 110 or 119. Can't remember which.

Reactions: TheKrell
You most probably would not receive local channels looking at 129 alone. You could receive many HD channels but not all of them.

Is it possible to use multiple dishes a number of feet apart to aim at specific satellites?
Yes that is possible. You need a switch ie DPP SW44 to connect the lnbfs/dishes and in your setup menu you select a dish supported by the switch you are using

We will be moving to a new home with many tall trees and a few windows to the sky in Washington state.
Which local market are you in? All of the Yakima local HD feeds are on the 129 satellite, so that might work for you.

Once again, the problem with having only 129 is that guide data comes from other sats (either 110 or 119).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)