129 signal question

sportjeeptj99

Original poster
Apr 26, 2007
Hey all,

New Dish customer for about 3 weeks now. So far I love it. Much better DVR them my old cable provider. Im in the south subs of chicago and when they originally came out and installed I have great signals on 110 and 199. My 129 averaged about 50-70 over all the transponders. I had them come out a week later and they peaked my dish and now on 129 i get average of 80-95 or so. But i noticed after they peaked it I get more pixelation on my local HD's then I did when the signal was lower. Dosent make sense to me. I would say probably 2 times out of almost every hour show i get a 2-4 second pixelation. Is this something I should just get used to or should I have them come back out.

If you do a search on "129" you will find numerous threads. This is as good a place as any to start:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=71210

The problem effects some parts of the country more than others. The only real solution is for Dish to replace the defective satellite. There are plans to launch two new satellites by the end of this year. In the meantime the best option is to have a seperate 500 or larger dish dedicated to 129. You'll continue to see the signal dip 2x per hour but the key is to keep the lowest signal drop above the point where it effects PQ.

Hey all,

New Dish customer for about 3 weeks now. So far I love it. Much better DVR them my old cable provider. Im in the south subs of chicago and when they originally came out and installed I have great signals on 110 and 199. My 129 averaged about 50-70 over all the transponders. I had them come out a week later and they peaked my dish and now on 129 i get average of 80-95 or so. But i noticed after they peaked it I get more pixelation on my local HD's then I did when the signal was lower. Dosent make sense to me. I would say probably 2 times out of almost every hour show i get a 2-4 second pixelation. Is this something I should just get used to or should I have them come back out.
If you want.

I have a 1000 now. What equipment would be need to add a 500 for 129 to it? Is it just a cable from the 500 to the 1000.

I have a 1000 now. What equipment would be need to add a 500 for 129 to it? Is it just a cable from the 500 to the 1000.

Since you already have a 1000, remove the DP Dual for 129 and put it on a D500. Then just run a cable from the D500 to the DPP Twin on the 1000 and run check switch again.

Sorry, I mis-read your post about moving the DP Dual.

Is a 500 for 129 the way to go then or is there another dish that would be a better option?

I was also looking at one of the Winegard dishes such as the DS2077. I assume I will also need new adaptors as well.

I ordered my D500($87) with an I bracket and installed it for 129. Adjusted the 1000.2 strictly for 119 and 110. You can find the pictures in my post from a week or two ago.

PM me for where I ordered it from.

I ordered my D500($87) with an I bracket and installed it for 129. Adjusted the 1000.2 strictly for 119 and 110. You can find the pictures in my post from a week or two ago.

PM me for where I ordered it from.

I saw that, but wanted to see how doing this with the 1000 vs 1000.2 differed.

If you buy the Winegard DS2077 you don't need an adapter. If you use the D500 you can use it with the w bracket but you'll get from 5-10 pts more if you use the I adapter.

I've narrowed it down to either the Winegard DS4061-24" or the DS2077-30". Winegard recommened a distributor that had the 4061 for $35, but I'm waiting to hear back on a price for the 2077. How much is to be gained in signal by having the extra 6" dish width?

If I understand you correctly, I will use the 1000 for 110/119 and leave the W adapter on it and the DP dual will hook straight to the Winegard without any adapters needed. Is that correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)